Share |
Genetically Superior? Maybe. Who Knows?

Author

11-19-2017, 06:56 PM

Hello Everyone,

I received an e-mail from Doc Moore about Warren Buffet and I have to say that I got a real kick out of it. It's about Warren Buffet's eating habits. Read Closely.

Quote:
20,537 calories is five days.

Buffett likes breakfast at McDonalds:

1. If the market is down he'll have two sausage patties...
2. If the market is flat -- sausage McMuffin with egg and cheese...
3. Market up -- bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.

He owns Dairy Queen. So he eats lots of DQ.

Dinner: country-fried steak smothered in gravy with mashed potatoes. Chicken parmesan was another meal.

Two liters of Cherry Coke everyday.

Over 5 days -- 1,260 grams of sugar (2.78 pounds of sugar).

Extra salt on everything.

His favorite steak house in NYC is Smith & Wollensky. He usually gets the 32 ounce Colorado rib-eye. (Something a caveman would beat someone over the head with. Massive.)

I'm feeling food drunk just thinking about all this crap. I'm on the floor in a starfish position after writing and ruminating about Buffet's eating plan. How has an 87 year-old man made it this far in life, and continue to make it this far in life. Buffett makes Coltrain look like nature boy.

That's 20,537 calories in 5 days.

So how does an 87 year old like Warren Buffet get away with breaking seemingly every law relating to nutrition and exercise?

Answer: It's how he is wired. As I read what he consumes I found myself laughing out loud. It's obvious that Mr. Buffet has never been accused of being an ascetic. Bottomline: I would never venture a guess about how he does it or why he does it?

---John Peterson

Share |

11-19-2017, 08:10 PM

Because he cares about MONEY and WEALTH more than anything!

All else is hardly worth noticing. Focus is what achieves. WHY he focuses only on money is meaningless to me, but that is just me. Money is just a means to an end, and that is the end of it for me, and many of us.

To Warren, however: Money is the Ultimate Goal!

I know people like that...

Share |

11-19-2017, 10:03 PM

The power of a consuming desire backed by the belief in it's possible attainment is almost limitless and can overcome all kinds of obstacles and limitations including an unhealthy life style and various physical dangers. Winston Churchill is a great example.

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe the mind can achieve." Napoleon Hill

Last edited by Andy62; 11-19-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Share |

Author

11-20-2017, 06:18 PM

Hey Gordon,

I was sent the following by Doc Moore and thought that you might find it fascinating. I certainly did.

Quote:
Well, we took a look at Buffett. What about Churchill?

In the 10 years of retirement before he died (age 90), Churchill drank more than ever. A bottle of champagne for lunch. Another bottle with dinner. "There is always some alcohol in his blood, and it reaches its peak late in the evening after he has had two or three scotches, several glasses of champagne, at least two brandies, and a highball… but his family never sees him the worst for drink."

The remarkable thing about Churchill: he always seemed perfectly sober.
Raised as an aristocrat, he believed drunkenness to be contemptible and disgusting, and a fault in which no gentleman indulged.

If you plan a long drinking session, make every other drink a non-alcoholic one. That way, as Churchill once said, you will "take more out of alcohol than alcohol takes out of you."

"You, Mr. Churchill, are drunk."

"And you, Lady Astor, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning."

Churchill was quick with riposte in the infamous exchange...

It all started back in 1899. Churchill, aged 25, was a correspondent on the Morning Post, covering the Boer war. Sent out to the front line, he took with him 36 bottles of wine, 18 bottles of ten-year old scotch, and 6 bottles of vintage brandy (a drink he believed was essential to a staple diet). And many bottles of whiskey, claret and port.

Churchill admitted he relied on alcohol. He always had a glass of whiskey by him.

When George V set a personal example to the troops by giving up alcohol, Churchill declared the whole idea absurd and announced he would not be giving up drink just because the King had.

Even as Prime Minister, Churchill refused to moderate his drinking. He believed Europeans liked leaders who could hold their liquor, so he did nothing to discourage rumors about his alcoholic excess.

I sometimes wonder how the world would have been different had Winston Churchill been the Prime Minister of England during WWII.

---John Peterson

Share |

11-20-2017, 07:11 PM

Another interesting character who was an adventurer, risk taker, survivor. and heavy drinker was Doc Holliday of the American West. He suffered from tuberculosis and was in constant pain which alcohol helped relieve. He was continually drunk which didn't seem to hamper him as a pistol fighter and gambler as he was able to sober up on the spot when challenged in either activity.

Holliday had the pain and Churchill had the war,but in some way they seemed able to include heavy drinking into their survival and winning senario.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-docholliday/

Share |