Share |
Isometric Physique VS Weight Trained

Author

12-01-2017, 07:50 PM

Hello Everyone,

At one point Bruce Lee practiced heavy weight training until he severely injured his back. At that point he switched to predominantly Isometric Training. True enough, he lost some muscle size but made up for it in a level of muscular definition that was almost hard to believe back in the early 1970's before bodybuilders were using extreme diuretics and other unhealthy chemical combinations.

Anyway what you will see here is the difference between an Isometric Trained Physique and a weight Trained Physique. It doesn't take a trained eye to discern the difference. This brings up a point. With Isometric Contraction your muscles will achieve their rock hard maximum of natural size but not go beyond that as the density is truly amazing. Go to 1:20 on the following clip and start watching.

I'll be interested in your comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OxRNZfae4Q

---John Peterson

Share |

12-02-2017, 07:52 AM

hi John, I could also attest to the fact that isos build muscle ,if you look at my avatar pic. which was taken at 18 years old after about 5 years of mostly isos with sporadic practice of chins and pushups , now the chins and pushups might have contributed to development, but I KNOW that that alone will not have done it

Share |

Legacy Member

12-03-2017, 09:17 AM

As a long time weightlifter, I followed the videos of the weightlifter (Bolo Yeung) shown. Following videos show Bolo throughout his acting career. I was impressed with just how good Mr. Bolo still looks today. Now that does not mean his shoulders are not causing him great pain, just that a life time of exercise is good for a person. Aside from the weight training Bolo had to spend considerable time with his martial arts.

Tim

Share |