Share |
Is Laughter the Best Longevity Medicine?

03-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Hey Everyone,

More wisdom from Doc Moore. It seems that Doc and Solomon had this bit of advice in common.

Solomon in Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit drains one's strength."

Now, Doc Moore below:

Laugh. Have fun. Probably more important than anything else.

Hello Everyone,

"Did you all 'Spring Forward'? I have one friend that did not and will not...It's my friend Doc Moore. I always get a kick out of his 'laugh your ass off funny' (as Uncle Wally would say) musings on life. Here is Doc's wisdom on Daylight Savings Time and what animals you really need to fear -- or at least have enough sense to be aware of." John Peterson

Dr. Shigeaki Hinohara -- a physician that helped build the foundations of Japanese medicine, studied longevity and even lived to the ripe old age of 105.

Hinohara said we should be worrying less about eating well or getting enough sleep and spending more time having fun.

The Japanese researcher also advised against being overweight.

His own regime was quite strict: “For breakfast I drink coffee, a glass of milk, and some orange juice with a tablespoon of olive oil in it,” said Hinohara. “Olive oil is great for the arteries and keeps my skin healthy. Lunch is milk and a few cookies, or nothing when I am too busy to eat. I never get hungry because I focus on my work. Dinner is veggies, a bit of fish and rice, and, twice a week, 100 grams of lean meat.”

“Question everything -- including your doctor's advice.” Dr. Shigeaki Hinohara

"Move more... I take two stairs at a time, to get my muscles moving."

"Have more fun to combat pain — which is inevitable in life.” Hinohara

---John Peterson
Share |