Share |
Tension Exercises

04-14-2018, 09:48 PM

Tension exercises, both dynamic and static, are a thousands of year old exercise principle that has been adapted by various individuals and groups for different purposes throughout history. They develop you from the inside/out and are mind based. "Nothing happens in the body that doesn't happen first in the mind"

Tension exercises rush new mental images and ideas along the neural highway, past the preprogrammed emotional brakes, to the center of the mind which is the executive control system of our total being both conscious and subconscious.

They get the power of the both conscious and subconscious minds to.work in harmony and combine their strengths

Swoboda adapted them to help people adapt to the rapidly changing world during the industrial revolution and appropriately named his version of tension exercises "Conscious Evolution" .They are equally valuable in helping us adapt to today's rapidly changing society and world.

Share |

Author

04-16-2018, 07:32 AM

Hello Gordon,

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have received e-mails that have affirmed the positive impact your posts have had on individuals that read our forum daily. YOU have a gift as a communicator my friend and I'm honored that you use it here.

What you have stated below, in a single paragraph is the key to self programmed positive change that many authors require an entire book to state---YOU have done it in a single paragraph.

"Tension exercises rush new mental images and ideas along the neural highway, past the preprogrammed emotional brakes, to the center of the mind which is the executive control system of our total being both conscious and subconscious."

---John Peterson

Share |

04-16-2018, 05:11 PM

I keep thinking of Tension Exercises, including Dynamic Tension, as " POWER MEDITATION "

Share |

04-16-2018, 07:12 PM

Gordon, you are very much like my dad. When I was 18, I thought he was the dumbest man I ever knew. Today at age 58, I believe he is the smartest that I have known. I think the same about you my friend.

Share |

04-16-2018, 10:48 PM

Michael, Thanks for the compliment. But I doubt if I am the smartest person that you know, however we are both smart to be on John's site. It is the best physical culture site on the web with the most interesting and fact filled discussions. Gordon

Last edited by Andy62; 04-16-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Share |