Share |
C'mon, The Man Apologised---Let it Go

Author

04-16-2018, 04:27 PM

Hello Everyone,

I will start by stating the obvious. We are living in an extremely bizarre time.

Example: Earlier today I posted a link to a short video of Anthony Robbins pushing a man through a super intense 15 minute work-out in which Robbins had the man perform a seated chest press Isometrically for 5-seconds. I thought, "Well why not? Robbins has made a career out of helping people to maximize every facet of their lives and the fact that he is now endorsing Isometrics is nothing new but the clip makes it obvious that Robbins is endorsing Isometric Contraction as a supremely effective exercise method with a minimum amount of trauma associated with it.

Now, not 10 minutes ago, I received an e-mail from a guy telling me that I shouldn't have posted it because Anthony Robbins has had to make a public apology for some comments he made about the 'Me Too' sexual witch hunt that has been consuming the media's attention since hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein was accused of being a sexual predator by a dozen or so actresses that all chimed in after the fact. Since then, this whole thing has become so wide ranging that people are becoming numb to it.

Here is my response to Trevor, the guy that e-mailed me.

First off, taken in context of what Robbins was saying and the specifics relating to it, I do not think that Anthony Robbins has anything to apologize for because he was stating an opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMlkNauTLlU

The fact that he did apologize tells me that he fully understands that someone in his position can be easily misquoted and taken totally out of context by those with an agenda to make it seem that he has said something other than what he has said. Trust me on this, Mr Robbins will think twice about answering anything in a spontaneous fashion in the future.

So what's my point? It's a new day and everyone needs to be very cautious about what they say. So much so that sometimes no comment at all is the safest response.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Yesterday, 01:46 PM

I listened to Robbin's response. Robbins has lectured about not being a "victim" for decades. For him it is expressing a lack of power in one's life. Taken in that context his answer was totally consistent.
However given the elevation of "victim-hood" to Sainthood in the last decade the perpetually offended were given yet another opportunity to piss and moan.

Tim

Share |

Author

Yesterday, 03:05 PM

Hello Tim,

We're on the same page. From this point forward everything this man says is going to be scrutinized by the media watchdogs to be sure that it is politically correct.

---John Peterson

Share |