Share |
Tarzan as an Old Man

Author

05-16-2018, 03:31 PM

Hello My Friends,

I was sent the following video clip a few days ago. https://vimeo.com/255508592

It's about about a 76 year old Ultra Marathon Runner by the name of Dag Aabye. As a young man Dag was one of the world's best daredevil skiers that performed extraordinary feats on ski's. He epitomized Tarzan's strength and athleticism.

Fifty years later at age 76 he is still Tarzan.

I found his story to be both fascinating and inspiring. And yet, in some ways, I felt a little sad for him because Dag has no one to share his life with. Still, I cannot help but feel the highest degree of respect and admiration for this man that genuinely epitomizes what poet E.E. Cummings had written about when he wrote:
Quote:
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.”

At the end of the clip Dag makes a profound statement that Tarzan would make and I wish to leave with each of you reading this: "Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping, and always have a mountain in life to climb."

God Bless You ALL.

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 05-17-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Share |

Legacy Member

05-22-2018, 04:35 AM

Wow,
Pretty amazing and admirable. What an amazing man, yet I feel as though he is missing out on so many things. He lives as an isolationist, apart from just about all of humanity. While we have free will to do as we desire, we were not created for such isolation.

A great inspiration, he also reminds me of another man who lived a similar life in Alaska ( I think he his documentary was on PBS). Lived totally alone in a cabin on the land just about all his adult life.

Thanks for sharing John, great inspiration.

Share |

05-22-2018, 11:28 AM

In all the history of the world there has never been anyone exactly like any one of us and in all the future to come there will never be an individual exactly like us either.

Many sages and thinkers have theorized that the secret to unlocking the knowledge contained by our uniqueness lies within from Buddha who said "What you think you become" to Jesus who said "The Kingdom Of God is within".

My experience has been that the secret to discovering and releasing this source of inner strength is Iso Dynamic Contraction

Last edited by Andy62; 05-22-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Share |