Share |
Question on Isometrics-releasing the tension

07-12-2018, 07:31 AM

Hi,

I have been practicing Isometrics and also using the belt from some time now. Until last week, I would do them by increasing the tension while inhaling, holding the tension while exhaling, and releasing immediately in the next breath. It was giving me very good results. However, a couple weeks ago I made it a little different when releasing the tension, instead of making it immediate, i made it slowly, almost at the pace that the tension increases at the first breath.This required a lot of muscle control and is giving me very good results in terms of feeling the energy in my muscles.

How are other people doing it? releasing slowly or fast?...what would be the recommendation in terms of effectiveness and health for this?

Thanks!

Best regards.

Sergio Lizarraga

Share |

Author

07-12-2018, 11:04 AM

Hello Sergio,

Great to see you posting.

Your observation relating to a gradual release of tension as opposed to an immediate release is 100% spot on!

The gradual release is in fact an exercise in mind/muscle awareness and is key to perfecting muscle control. As such it develops a level of muscle awareness that cannot be achieved in any other way. You become totally aware of which muscle fibers are still contracting and which are relaxing. In a sense it is not unlike the level of muscular awareness and control that is exhibited by a well trained 'Belly Dancer'. This is an observation that was given to me by John McSweeney when he described to me has wife's ability as a belly dancer and that because of that awareness she immediately took to his Tiger Moves System of exercise in order to sculpt her body to a point that became very obvious to those watching her perform. (He stated that her body became more lithe and muscular then that of other dancers.)

Bottom Line: Isometric Contraction is the most intense form of Muscle Control. Nothing else compares and I congratulate you on your discovery.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-12-2018, 12:59 PM

Thanks, John, for responding!....

Let's keep going with exercising.....time passes by and we need to keep our bodies in the best possible shape to be able to go on with all life activities.

Best regards!

Share |