Share |
Isometrics: The Highest Intensity of All

Author

07-16-2018, 03:35 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have received an e-mail asking me about the use of Isometric Contraction for elevating Testosterone and HGH, The man asking me the question wanted to know if Isometric Contraction would work as well as high Intensity Weight Lifting Exercises (that have been proven through research studies to elevate hormone levels).

Answer: It is not the 'weight' moved that is responsible for the increase in hormone production but rather the level of intensity at which the muscles have been contracted.

For example, you could take your heaviest possible weight at any given angle and perform just one all out repetition and that would be an example of an ultra high intensity contraction. You could also accomplish the same level of intensity while performing an Isometric Contraction with the Isometric Power Belt. Why is that the case? Because a true Isometric Contraction is so intense that it cannot be moved regardless of how intensely your muscles are contracting...in fact, that is the point... contraction so intense against immovable force that movement is not possible. In other words an Isometric Contraction is the heaviest weight of all because it is so intense that it cannot be moved regardless of the level of contraction.

So to answer the question, how could it not accomplish the same objective since the intensity is maximum either way.

One other notable point to consider is that with an Isometric Power Belt contraction you could literally contract at 100% effort at any and ALL angles and not have to worry about anything falling back on you.

This factor more than any other factor makes Isometric Power Belt Training vastly superior.

One other thing worth mentioning is that coach James Baley told me that he had had several athletes that he trained with isometrics that were able to surpass all of their previous best lifts with barbells after using the Isometric Power Belt for three months and then re-testing themselves on the weights.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-16-2018, 04:20 PM

A stronger isometric contraction is the result of having transmitted a stronger command impulse from your mind to the target muscle

Share |

Author

07-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Hello Gordon,

You are 100% correct abut that. In fact, with Isometric Power Belt Contractions our primary focus is on contracting the muscles as directly and maximally as possible.

This is in fact, exactly what I had discussed with former Mr Olympia, Larry Scott.

Mr Scott told me that he believed that within each person there was an extra reserve of strength and that he believed that this tremendous reserve of strength was due in part to a huge number of muscle fibers which may never have been brought into use previously. He also discussed with me the fantastic increases in strength that had been reported by test subjects at the Max Plank Institute in Dortmond, Germany from 1946 to 1961 in the Isometric Experiments that had quantified the strength increases.

Bottomline: Larry Scott came to believe that direct contraction of the muscle fibers was the key to fantastic gains and there is no greater way to accomplish that than with carefully applied Isometric Power Belt Contractions applied at key angles.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-16-2018, 07:23 PM

The Power Belt helps stabilize and direct the mental command impulse and it is totally flexible and not dependent on gravity or any other immovable source. I am really looking forward to seeing the final course.

Share |

Author

07-17-2018, 08:15 AM

Hey Gordon,

You are 100% spot on.

It's interesting to me that Larry Scott kept using the word 'synapse' to describe the effect of a 'complete' Isometric Contraction. The more I discussed it with him the more I realized that he was saying that the only way to know you have achieved a 'complete synapse' is when the entire muscle (all of its fibers) has experienced what we refer to as a severe 'cramp'.

I clearly remember laughing about it during my conversation with him because I said to him, "I understand exactly what you are saying but even Mr. Olympia would have a hard time selling the public on the concept that you want to contract your muscles with such intensity that they pass from voluntary contraction to the involuntary contraction as happens when we experience a severe cramp."

BUT when you think it through I'm reasonably sure that everyone that is reading this dialog between us, has at sometime experienced a very intense 'cramp' at which time they could not relax the muscle. Example: This used to happen to a friend of mine by the name of Mike Terry that told me about being awakened by leg cramps in the middle of the night that were unbelievably painful. Using my Naturopathic training I immediately put him on supplemental magnesium.

Now, Everyone is probably wondering why I am mentioning this here and the answer is because I want everyone here that takes up Isometric Power Belt Training to take supplemental minerals (especially magnesium) in order to have maximum 'voluntary' control over their muscular system. After all, Isometric Contraction is the master method of muscle control.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

07-17-2018, 09:52 AM

I've been trying to use the Synapse style of training the abs, but have yet to be able to get to that point at all.. I'm having an especially difficult time trying to get the Lower abs to get to that point. My exhale only gets me to a certain point and I just can't seem to utilize the method of using short inhales to get it any further...

Any techniques that I'm missing which would help me implement this method?

Share |

Author

07-17-2018, 02:15 PM

Hello gbjj,

Jon, I use the three stage 5-6-7 protocol with extraordinary effectiveness. It takes time to develop the awareness but when you do you'll have it for life.

Be patient my friend. It's well worth it.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-20-2018, 11:42 AM

"The only process by which man is able to generate electricity in the body is by tensing "

Edmund Shaftesbury
"Instantaneous Personal Magnetism - The Rasputin Effect "

Last edited by Andy62; 07-20-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Share |

Author

07-20-2018, 05:15 PM

Great quote Gordon.

In several of his books, the late Frank Rudolph Young made the same assertion as relates to tensing ones muscles. It is also the secret behind the Kiveloff effect of the full body Isometric Contraction.

---John Peterson

Share |

07-20-2018, 07:41 PM

This really begins to explain the power of Iso Dynamic Tension and also the Kiveloff effect of the full body contraction. The human mind can penetrate and influence every cell in our body. Tension creates the electric nerve current required to drive new images and thoughts along the neural highway, past the preset emotional brakes, to the center of the mind or consciousness, which is the executive control center of the mind, where they can replace old programming.

Last edited by Andy62; 07-20-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Share |