Share |
Who is Programming You?

Author

08-03-2018, 08:52 AM

Hello Everyone,

From the time I was just a kid I loved to watch Tarzan movies and read Tarzan novels. Why? Because Tarzan epitomized everything the perfect man could possibly be. He was the personification of man at his best. He was without equal Physically, Intellectually, & Spiritually. He did what was right because it was right. Never took advantage of anyone, defended the weak and helpless, protected those he loved. He was the complete self actualized man and perfect in every sense of the word. Better yet, when I was a boy my mom and dad never had to worry about Johnny getting the wrong ideas about life from watching Tarzan movies or reading Tarzan novels.

So how about it, was I being programmed by reading Tarzan novels and watching Tarzan films?

Answer: YES!!! I was and am.

Truth: We are all being programmed from the moment we are born to the moment we die. It's just a matter of who is programming us and whether or not we knowingly participate. I chose Tarzan and Charles Atlas as my role models very early on because I wanted to be free of anyone's constraints and having inferior people telling me what to do. That's why I stayed with Charles Atlas methods of Strength & Fitness and totally rejected everyone telling me, "Man, if you look like that from Charles Atlas exercises just think what you would look like if you lifted weights." Personally I couldn't car less what they had to say about anything. Though I was always polite and nice about it I didn't need their approval. Yet, oddly enough, I must have projected my programming because I was called 'Tarzan' in junior high and high school without me ever telling anyone anything about my fascination with Tarzan. In fact, when I was a Junior in high school and went to a new school where I didn't know anyone I had the Gym teacher Mr Clark, say to me on the first day of school, "Well, Tarzan your hair is longer than the code allows but if that's the secret to your shape I won't say anything." I responded by saying, "Thank You sir. They called me Tarzan at Hopkins High, too. But my hair isn't my secret" He just smiled and said, "You're polite, but I'm not surprised. So tell me what is your secret?" I told him, "My Grandpa got me going on Charles Atlas before I was twelve." He just smiled and shook his head affirmatively.

So why am I telling you about the programming thing? It's because we are ALL being programmed by everything we see, hear and read and it has a profound impact on who we become and what we do. My greatest passion at the moment is reading God's Word 'The Bible' to know it forward, backward and sideways.
And YES!!! It is programming me.
BUT here's the deal---WE ARE ALL BEING PROGRAMMED either knowingly by what we choose or unknowingly through exposure and not realizing.

With the above stated please watch this clip and share your thoughts about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J2j...=RDlWOa0oUCfVo

Thank You,

---John Peterson

Share |

08-03-2018, 12:50 PM

John what you say here reminds me so much of one of my favorite Zig Ziglar quotations. I’m sure you know the one, but for anyone that might not:

“You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind.”

Share |

08-04-2018, 01:09 AM

Hi,

I used to love the Tarzan genre too. Lex Barker was my personal favourite.I recently saw the latest film -The legend of Tarzan which I considered to be a decent effort.

However there was a documentary on Sky TV about Tarzan and how he relates to men and their culture today.It was interesting and full of a certain amount of psycho-babble. Yet it pointed out how he is less relevant today .

However I think the point was missed.He is more relevant.Why?

1. He was self reliant

2. He protected his friends and family.

3. People felt secure with him.

4. He was true to himself.

Share |

08-04-2018, 11:09 AM

“Your nervous system cannot tell the difference between an imagined experience and a ‘real’ experience.”
― Maxwell Maltz, Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life

Share |

08-08-2018, 02:45 PM

I think Edgar Rice Burroughs is one of, if not the most underrated writers of all time. I have the Tarzan Books on my Kindle and own books by him that belonged to my father, grandmother, and my great-grandfather.

Share |

Author

08-08-2018, 04:38 PM

Hello Jack,

I agree. E-R-B was a great writer.

And Eddy1, Lex Barker really was a great Tarzan. He had amazing abdominal development for the time and a perfectly developed natural physique. It was in 'Tarzan and the Slave Girl' that his Jane (Vanessa Brown) had a fight scene with another woman (Denise Darcel) that had the hots for Tarzan. In that scene Jane fights exactly like a woman that was personally coached by Tarzan and Jane does some serious butt kicking. I watched it with my wife a few weeks ago on Turner Classics and my Denise thought it was

---John Peterson

Share |

08-08-2018, 08:07 PM

“The important thing for you to remember is that it does not matter in the least how you got the idea or where it came from. You may never have met a professional hypnotist. You may never have been formally hypnotized. But if you have accepted an idea - from yourself, your teachers, your parents, friends, advertisements, from any other source - and further, if you are firmly convinced that idea is true, it has the same power over you as the hypnotist's words have over the hypnotized subject.”
― Maxwell Maltz, Psycho-Cybernetics, Updated and Expanded

Share |