Share |
C'mon, Give Yourself a Chance to Heal

Author

08-13-2018, 04:41 PM

Hello Everyone,

Earlier today I received a phone call from a man that I had not talked to in almost 40 years. I knew him back in the late 70's when he was an instructor in Okinawan Karate and he wondered after all this time, if I was the same John Peterson he knew 40 years ago. It turns out that I am. He told me about some of the injuries that he sustained over the years and some of the surgeries that he has had to correct them and that now he has been diagnosed with degenerative arthritis in both hips and will need to have them replaced.

As I talked with him he told me that he is more than 50 pounds above his ideal weight and then described a long list of other ailments that are directly related to his obesity. When he finished I asked him to consider healing himself by following a plan of good nutrition that is based on the practice of Intermittent Fasting and to also begin following an intense program of daily Full Body Isometric Contractions that will help him become incredibly strong in direct relationship to his own body while lowering his blood pressure safely and naturally.

It was interesting to me that his doctor never mentioned to him that a great deal of his pain and discomfort is completely preventable. Then as I was completing this post I received an e-mail from my friend Dr. Moore and as I read it I could hardly believe that an article would be posted about a group of monks half a world away that are suffering from the same condition as so many people here in the USA such as the man above are experiencing.

With the synchronicity of the topic above and the article from Doc Moore I couldn't help but think that I am meant to post it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/12/w...s-obesity.html

---John Peterson

Share |

08-18-2018, 11:21 PM

Hmmm....maybe they need to balance their activities with a vigorous program of martial arts, like the Shaolin Temple monks?

Share |

08-19-2018, 01:26 PM

I am not familiar with the martial arts and have neve practiced them. I have read articles on the internet from time to time about people who have injured themselves practicing them

One such article that I remember said that some people who practice breaking techiques can develop cancerous growths on their knuckles

Listen to your body and don't overdo it !

Last edited by Andy62; 08-19-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Share |

Author

08-19-2018, 06:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

B-A-L-A-N-C-E that is the key to everything. Exercise-Nutrition-Work-Spirituality---it all comes down to balance.

Gordon, John McSweeney warned me about my high kicks and told me that he knew a great number of former Tae Kwon Do Instructors that once into their 50's had major hip problems. I told him that I knew some too. The truth is that I know a large number of people that need or have had joint replacement and the one thing they all have in common is being many pounds over their ideal body weight.

My personal opinion is that over weight by itself can cause a great deal of needless suffering

----John Peterson

Share |

08-19-2018, 07:05 PM

John, I basicly agree with you that overweight can be a tremendous health problem. At the same time over the years I have known many thin people who have had hip replacements.

Hip replacements have become the in vogue operation of our time with this article stating the over 300,000 of them were performed in 2010

https://www.recallcenter.com/hip-replacement/

Last edited by Andy62; 08-19-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Share |

08-21-2018, 06:24 PM

Anything that happens in the body happened first in the mind

Share |