Share |
Measurements Being Done For The Wedding & Update with BJJ

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

12-05-2018, 01:38 AM

It's been a hell of a journey but I'm getting married. Next year on May 4th, I'll be tying the knot with the most awesome girl on the planet. It'll be a Star Wars type themed wedding and our officiator will be dressed up as Obiwan Kenobi. It'll be a epic turn out having family, some of the strongest men in the world and a famous concert musician from Vegas could be in attendance. For the fun of making it even more special for my Fiance, I'll be dressed up as Han Solo.

With measurements being done for this outfit (which I had to get individual pieces of since it is more expensive as a whole) It'll be interesting to find out if this thing will fit me. Getting it tailored wouldn't be an issue but it is a back up to make the measurements work. Here are my current measurements and some extra for recent....

18 inch neck

47 1/2 inch chest

41 inch waist

Approx. 30 inch thighs

25 inch arm length

17 inch arms

14 inch forearms

22-23 inches shoulder to shoulder

5'10, 250 lbs.

Measurements could shrink or grow before the wedding but I'm doing my best to keep those measurements since this outfit wasn't cheap but cheaper than a tux. I can't stand being in a tux and I heat up easily so i'd rather possibly ruin something I own than a rental.

A couple of you guys know in better detail that I'm in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and have made progress in surviving without getting tapped out and have been rolling with guys nearly half my age and have sparred with a UFC Fighter. It's really helping my conditioning and my breathing is getting a little better each time. These are tough kids. The oldest person I have gone toe to toe with is 10 years older and 30 pounds less than me. What does this have to do with my measurements? Well if I keep up BJJ, it could make me lose a bit more weight and shrink my bodyfat. It is fun and I really enjoy it. Had little injuries but not to the point of severity and I heal pretty well. Thought I'd share these little tidbits.

We have also booked our Honeymoon going to Disneyland. Yes, me and my girl are complete Star Wars, Disney, Superhero nerds and we're damn proud of it. It's all about making things worth while and being around amazing people. This wedding couldn't be anymore amazing to prepare for.

Share |

Author

12-05-2018, 09:41 AM

Hey BennyB,

Thank You. I enjoyed reading the update. A "Star Wars" themed wedding? That's intriguing. Be blessed my friend. May The Force (that is the TRUE God) be with you.

---John Peterson

Share |

12-07-2018, 09:50 PM

WOW Benny, 25 inch arm length. Do you mean you take a 25 inch sleeve? I knew I have ape arms with my 36 inch sleeve but you must be at the other end of the spectrum. You must be one hell of a presser?

Anyway congrats on the wedding and how things are going for you.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-07-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ware View Post
WOW Benny, 25 inch arm length. Do you mean you take a 25 inch sleeve? I knew I have ape arms with my 36 inch sleeve but you must be at the other end of the spectrum. You must be one hell of a presser?

Anyway congrats on the wedding and how things are going for you.
Yeah I guess you can say that's my sleeve length lol. Funny thing is I don't a ton of pressing movement like pushups, bench press or dumbbell presses anymore. I do A LOT of crawling such as bear crawls, crab walks, tiger crawls, things like that. I do plenty of Isometrics for the arms.

Things are going great. I'm happy, working on commissions, training throughout the day and having fun with my girl. Outside of that just living the best way possible.

Training wise, just doing what I love and finding awesome ways to do them.

Share |

Legacy Member

12-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Since I wrote about my measurements, I want to clear something up and this is the truth. Don't believe me? Go right ahead but I'm the worst liar on the planet and anybody that knows me will attest to this....

I'm no medical marvel or anything of that sorts. Some people might look at my measurements and could question the combination of my height/waist/weight ratio and jump to their own conclusions and that's good on them but here's the deal guys...

Health wise, despite some of these measurements, I don't show any signs of diabetes or even in the realm of being pre diabetic. Yes IAM big for my height but I don't show anything that has had anyone concerned for my health. The only thing that caused even the slightest alarm was my blood pressure and the next time I got tested on it I had nearly 30 points taken off.

I dare anyone to do what I can do and still be standing. I'm actually in better shape now physically than I was in my 20s and these days I'm taking on BJJ practioners nearly half my age and have rolled with a UFC fighter. I don't take any over the counter stuff, I rarely have ever been prescribed anything and havent had to go to the hospital in 8 years for anything.

Yes I have a big waist, IAM big for my height but don't ever tell me where my health is at. Sorry for getting worked up but Iam passionate about what people say at times whether it's about me or not. These guys can go off on just about anything else but when it comes to my health, unless you have an MD attached to your name don't be talking smack and even if you did, you have no idea what I'm capable of. I lived through being diagnosed with spinal menengitis when it was told by doctors at a time that I had a greater chance of being dead than living, I came back from 2 broken legs after doing something very stupid and made myself stronger and rehabbed on my own, I've taken care of my health without anyone's help.

I'm no medical marvel, I'm just me and I tackle what is thrown at me. Don't ever question my health.

Share |