Share |
1000 pushups per day

01-05-2009, 11:20 AM

I started on my 1000 pushups per day Christmas day and I have already noticed amazing results, my traps and my chest have never been more defined then they are now. My back has not lost any shape and seems to be thicker from not doing chinups or pullups, I am very excited to see how far i can take this and the results that will come.
When i embarked on the 1000 per day i was not going to do any other exercises, well today I could not resist doing some chin ups, I do these at work through out the day, I think from monday to Friday I am going to include chinups throughout the day, I am not looking to have huge reps in chin ups but I do want some type of pulling movement to offset all the pushups.

Share |

01-05-2009, 02:10 PM

GREAT WORK ROB!!!! Always amazed at your workout regime.

Hopeful

Share |

01-05-2009, 06:33 PM

Way to go Rob! Keep us posted on your results. I am sure that they will be great!

Aaron

Share |

Author

01-05-2009, 06:55 PM

Hey RobW,

Congratulations my friend. There is a wonderful psychological reinforcement that comes about as a result of high volume push-Ups too. Just knowing that one has the ability is very reassuring.

And David Ledbetter, The variations that I'm featuring take it way, way beyond one exercise.

---John Peterson

Share |

01-06-2009, 08:19 AM

Thanks for all the kind words and encourgement guys. Unfortunately I did not take any measurements before I started, I more or less go by look and feel and I can definitely see a difference in my physique. I do hope to get some pics up in the near future.
Today should be a challenge, I have to get all 1000 in while at work before I go to muay thai class toight. I usually do them all in the morning, however I stayed up last night to watch my beloved Canadian Junior Hockey team win gold for the 5th year in a row and celebrated a little later than I planned on doing...lol

Share |

Legacy Member

01-06-2009, 09:11 AM

rob w, great work keep us posted , you help give me encouragement for my workouts, take care.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-06-2009, 01:45 PM

rob, it doesn't sound like you need to break them up over the course of the day. Do you in fact do all 1000 in a single session?

However you're doing that many is amazing, but I'd have to do 25 every half hour or so across the entire day if I were to have any chance of hitting 1000 in a day and then I'd probably need a few days off.

well done!

Share |

01-06-2009, 02:22 PM

Hey MTS,

I only break them up throughout the day when I don't get the chance to get them all done in a single session. I have committed to averaging1000 per day no matter how I have to get them in.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-07-2009, 06:21 AM

Fantastic Rob!

High rep pushups will definately get the job done,again great work!

peace,
jason

Share |