Share |
It happened again!

03-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Hey Everyone,

I've tried Transformetrics periodically over the past few years but for some reason I never stick with it. I would work on pushups, squats, DSR's, etc...then I would let myself get led astray by some new, exciting program that promised the world. For the past 2 months I have been using barbells, dumbbells and resistance bands. Workouts were going pretty well. I was getting stronger and a little more muscular. Then it happened. Last Sunday I was doing Squats with resistance bands and I decided to increase the amount of bands i was using. During my fourth set of squats in the bottom position I felt that horrible, familiar feeling in my lower back. I new immediately that I strained a muscle. Being completely stupid I did a few more reps with a partial range of motion. If this was the first time it wouldn't be so bad. But I have done this with my lower back numerious times. I've also done it with my left shoulder a few times. I'm sitting here at work, in pain, again. Working out is supposed to better our lives. Make us stronger and more fit. Why do I, and I'm sure alot of other people, get led astray so easily? Why must we search for something new or better?

I'm done with weights and bands! I'm 36 years old and I have finally learned my lesson. It really hit home when my 6 year old daughter wanted me to carry her to bed last night and I said "I can't baby. I hurt my back working out". So stupid! Sorry for venting. I just had to get this off my chest.

Jim

Share |

Author

03-06-2012, 07:25 PM

Hey Jim,

You stated:
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

I've tried Transformetrics periodically over the past few years but for some reason I never stick with it. I would work on pushups, squats, DSR's, etc...then I would let myself get led astray by some new, exciting program that promised the world. For the past 2 months I have been using barbells, dumbbells and resistance bands. Workouts were going pretty well. I was getting stronger and a little more muscular. Then it happened. Last Sunday I was doing Squats with resistance bands and I decided to increase the amount of bands i was using. During my fourth set of squats in the bottom position I felt that horrible, familiar feeling in my lower back. I new immediately that I strained a muscle. Being completely stupid I did a few more reps with a partial range of motion. If this was the first time it wouldn't be so bad. But I have done this with my lower back numerious times. I've also done it with my left shoulder a few times. I'm sitting here at work, in pain, again. Working out is supposed to better our lives. Make us stronger and more fit. Why do I, and I'm sure alot of other people, get led astray so easily? Why must we search for something new or better?

I'm done with weights and bands! I'm 36 years old and I have finally learned my lesson. It really hit home when my 6 year old daughter wanted me to carry her to bed last night and I said "I can't baby. I hurt my back working out". So stupid! Sorry for venting. I just had to get this off my chest.
Jim, here's the truth straight up. You don't trust yourself. And because of that you're always thinking 'there is better than here' until 'there becomes here' and then you're looking for another 'there'. If you're serious about attaining a great looking physique that is perfectly attuned to your own bone structure and achieving a strength to body weight ratio that is "off the charts" you already have everything you need. it was issued to you the day you were born. It's your body. You just need the knowledge of how to use it and the faith to trust yourself and your own judgment and follow through.

One other thing, (and some of my friends here may not like that I am saying this but) I'm saying it for your own good. You said, "Working out is supposed to better our lives. Make us stronger and more fit. Why do I, and I'm sure alot of other people, get led astray so easily? Why must we search for something new or better?" C'mon Jim. Wake up. Stop blaming other people and giving your power to them. Stand up for yourself and realize that you fall for the BS and look for some other way because what we have offered is not an easy way but it is the right way if you want to train for super health, fitness and physique for life we offer everything you need. If you want to follow somebody else's program instead learning how best to train your own body and then creating your own program, you'll always be second rate and have a second rate program compared to the custom designed program that you could create for yourself.

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 03-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Share |