Transformetrics Forums

Transformetrics Forums (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformetrics Video Blogs (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   VIDEO: Certified He-Man: Episode 2 (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3333)

JoeJustice 11-01-2009 08:27 PM

VIDEO: Certified He-Man: Episode 2

Hey guys, I've been working on this a couple of weeks and finally buckled down and finished it up this weekend. This is Joe Justice: Certified He-Man, Episode 2! I'm toying with the format still and hope you'll enjoy it. It was a little long, so I broke it into two parts.

In this episode I explain how I made my adjustable exercise bar (Tom will call it a trapeze) and show you a full body workout you can do with it. I hope you enjoy it!

Part 1:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Part 2:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

-Joe

tom 11-01-2009 09:34 PM

That's great. To save time, I'll explain my reasons for calling it a trapeze after I comment on the clips themselves.

Nice quality. I don't know how you get away with talking back to God when He gets a little over-enthusiastic. That takes a little gall. Careful, Noah got in trouble when Bill Cosby did it.

Nice exercise ideas and demonstrations. Keep it up. Do more.

. . . . . . . . . .

BECAUSE IT'S A TRAPEZE!

You said something to the effect "It moves."

BECAUSE IT'S A TRAPEZE!

You said something to the effect "It's different from a static bar."

BECAUSE IT'S A TRAPEZE!

They sell expensive rigging online for trapezes. You make Grunt proud, I'm sure.

GTLAAU wrote:
Quote:

Cheers Tom
Thanks Tom. Cheers to you, too.

Tom

gruntbrain 11-02-2009 05:58 AM

Good stuff . An entire medley of exercizes can be performed as a nonstop circuit for several minutes with that setup.
Indoor trainers can anchor a easily configured suspension gizmo to a CLOSED door( a small webbing loop is used as the anchor point). Of course such a setup is less versatile but again a medley of calorie burning, muscle building exercizes can be performed.

Another approach to Joe's setup is to just suspend 2 thick ropes or just a single thick rope draped over a sturdy anchor point; just grab the 2 rope ends anywhere(instantly adjustable)

GB 11-02-2009 06:10 AM

Joe,

That was great, thanks.

GB

John Peterson 11-02-2009 09:33 AM

Hello Joe,

WOW! You did a fantastic job. Great instruction, great inspiration, and great video presentation. You have my respect and admiration Joe. You certainly are in great shape my friend. I like the way you make the exercises look like great play and something that you truly enjoy.

---John Peterson

Aaron Hoot 11-02-2009 12:08 PM

Joe,

Great workout! The boys and I got together in here and have made plans to put one together tomorrow. Joe, you really are a great inspiration to us. Thanks again my friends!

Aaron

gruntbrain 11-02-2009 01:43 PM

Joe's setup allows for using different diameter bar/pipe; thick ones can present a grip challenge & also are more comfortable esp. with push moves. Alternatively secure a pair of handles to the ropes for even more versaility

Free 11-02-2009 02:51 PM

LOL Joe, your video's always put a smile on my face. Great Job, incredibly innovative and informative, and your delivery... priceless!! :silly:

VRT Man 11-02-2009 04:39 PM

Joe, great videos: quick, informative, and to the point with a bit of humor relief built in.

I was a Boy Scout too, and I know both of those knots real well, but I never knew 'til now that you could do a clove hitch so simply! I would wrap the rope around the pole a couple of times making an 'X' and tuck the end of rope underneath the cross of the X.

I still hitch my canoe onto my car roof with rope and clove hitches, but never knew of making "two loops, and put the top one behind the first one." Well, I tell ya, ya learn something new every day!!

Greg Mangan
Star scout, almost made LIfe
brother of two Eagle Scouts
Son of a scoutmaster

MikeNY 11-03-2009 12:07 AM

Joe you out did yourself, great! Tom lol nice comments.