Transformetrics Forums

Transformetrics Forums (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformetrics Video Blogs (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   VIDEO: Want to strengthen your entire upper body? (http://www.transformetrics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2968)

JoeJustice 09-18-2009 03:20 PM

VIDEO: Want to strengthen your entire upper body?

Try this combination:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

I wanted you guys to preview one of the exercises I developed with my ultra simple adjustable pull-up bar. I'm going to be doing a video or two on exercises you can do with this rig in my next episode of Joe Justice: Certified He-Man. This, you might notice, is a variation of the Atlas Level III Push-Up, suspending the feet rather than fixing them to a wall gives you more play with your range of motion and you actually recruit more muscles in your shoulders, chest and back to do the push-up. In a way this makes the exercise easier, since it's not quite as isolating, but it also makes it a very complete upper body worker variation.

Throw in the rope climb and I think you've hit every single muscle in your upper body! The tough part is doing them back to back! I missed the last couple of feet on the rope, its funny watching it because you can see the point where I said to myself, "Nope, not gonna happen." The problem with climbing a rope is you have to take into consideration getting up AND getting down. Actually, I's say the getting down part is the most important of the two!! Ah well, sometimes you win and sometimes the rope wins!

-Joe

tom 09-18-2009 04:51 PM

Nice. Do just that once a day and you're set. As for making it up the rope, nothing is worth a fall. It's about health and fitness.

I got in the first rating, awesome of course.

Tom

the rating was for everything but '70's boy's high school basketball gym trunks

JoeJustice 09-18-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom (Post 27362)
I got in the first rating, awesome of course.

I'll send you a check first thing in the morning.

-Joe

P.S. I knew you'd say something about my cloths!

b38 09-18-2009 06:04 PM

Joe,

Another Great Video! Great Exercise combo.

All the best!

B38

jonlclay 09-18-2009 06:34 PM

Joe,

Great video, seems like your feet are elevated quite a bit versus what I've seen in the books for the A3's. Are you doing that in order to work towards a full handstand PU or is that just how it worked out?

Jon

JoeJustice 09-18-2009 06:45 PM

I don't know if there is a hard and fast rule when it comes to Atlas 3's, I just put the bar at about colorbone level - that's where it's easiest to get my feet up to. But I am and have been working on handstand push-ups! Man, now those are TOUGH! At 6'1" I don't thinl I have ideal leverage for it either. Pushing exervises in general have always been tough for me.

-Joe

Greg Newton 09-18-2009 07:06 PM

Hey Tom,

I like the shorts. It is about time they came back in style. Didn't we both encourage Joe to ditch the baggy clothing? :shame:

Joe,

Do realize that you have developed a great deal of functional strength above the norm? You are also beginning to develop a look like a decathlete.

Free 09-18-2009 07:35 PM

Awesome Joe. I always love your workout video's ... and your choice of music!!:highfive:

JoeJustice 09-18-2009 07:44 PM

Thanks guys, I'm starting to shape up :) Pretty good for a computer nerd who was never an athlete at any point in his life.

My favorite line from that song is, "I'm like a junkie without an adiction" :)

Why do I get so much fasion advice around here??

-Joe

ben alexander 09-19-2009 06:34 AM

Wow! That looks amazing. I ain't trying it, though!

Ben