Share |
Frank Zane on being busted up from heavy weight training

Author

01-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Hey friends,

I want you to realize that the busted up joints referred to are only part of the story. You have no idea what some of these men have done to the organs inside of their bodies as the result of the extreme abuse they have brought upon themselves in an effort to be admired and praised by other people. Many that were physique stars of the 70's and 80' are already dead or for all intents and purposes are cripples that are unable to train.

Here's the deal. You men are human beings created in the image of God. You are not stupid beasts of burden like Donkeys, Mules, Oxen, and Plow Horses that are forced to tug at ultra heavy, back breaking loads day in and day out. Following our methods of training you will learn to understand your physiology and how to exercise it intelligently without busting yourself up. Yet, all the while you will be creating a beautiful physique that is perfectly developed in proportion to your own body's natural aesthetic lines while building exceptional health in every sense of the word. Building one's physique at the expense of one's health is something that I regard as suicidally stupid.

Bottom line: I make absolutely no apologies for calling "Busted Up Weight Lifter Syndrome" exactly what it is. I have known far too many men that have suffered as a result of it to back off from telling the truth just as it is. But hey, who am I to argue if someone thinks it is essential to build themselves far beyond the natural lines of their own body by straining against heavy weights and taking steroids and other pharmaceutical agents. Bottom line: If lifelong health is of no importance to an individual then they can train in any fashion they so desire and they can go ahead and try to find someone else to give them the answers that can only come from within.

---John Peterson

Share |

01-31-2011, 07:08 PM

About 6-7 months ago, Frank Zane had complete shoulder reconstruction surgery.

I've heard of hip replacement but not shoulder.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-31-2011, 07:28 PM

Truth be told, orthopedic surgery can do some really amazing things these days. It would be an interesting research study to track the history of modern sports performance with progression in orthopedic surgery technology.

-Joe

Share |

02-01-2011, 06:16 AM

I've heard of shoulder replacement before, but only because I have a cousin who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident years ago, and became a competitive wheelchair athlete in tennis and a couple other sports. However, because of the overuse, he's had shoulder replacement surgery on both of his shoulders.

Share |