Share |
Weapon X IS BACK

Legacy Member

11-25-2012, 06:57 AM

WeaponX, I just read your post,and you really enjoy the balance squats as your new favorite exercise,do stay on your toes through out the set of balance squats? My main goal is also fat loss and endurance,I like your circuit of squats, push ups and sit ups,you start from20 and work your way down to 1? How long does that usually take you to complete the circuit? I also have Ted Skup's Death,Taxes, and Push ups, a terrific book,looking foreword to reading your post on your quest to do 1,000 push ups a day, I know you can do it, you have the drive, keep up the great work.

Share |

11-25-2012, 10:28 AM

Thanks Dyno! It means a lot to me when i get feedback from my workouts! For the balance squats I kept my heels together, feet at 45 degrees. As I lowered myself down I automatically came up on my toes. The movement felt like it hit different muscles instead of my upper thighs (which are already very big).

The circuit I did was 20 hindu pushups, 20 sit ups, 20 balance squats. The next set was 19 each, then 18 and so on down to 1. When I get into the lower numbers though i will combine sets... Like Ill do 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 pushups without stopping.. I do this just to get done quicker. The whole thing yesterday took me 31 minutes and change.

I have been neglecting circuits lately and I feel like I need to do them again for cardio stimulation. I was doing lots and lots of burpees but somewhere in that movement I tweaked something between my shoulder blades. They are crazy for cardio though.

I feel like if I do pushups of all variations, situps and squats rapidly and without rest the cardio effect should be about equal.

Share |

11-25-2012, 03:17 PM

Sunday November 25, 2012

At work: 17 sets of 30 pushups for 510 reps. On weekends my boss isn't on duty and we are "usually" quiet so I can bang sets out in my office. Tomorrow being Monday.. Not so much!

When I got home: 20 down circuit of hindu and atlas pushups, sit ups and balance squats for 210 reps each

Grand total of 720 pushups today

Balance squats feel great

Share |

Legacy Member

11-26-2012, 10:06 AM

WeaponX,thank you for taking the time to post your workouts,You have a busy life, with a family and work, I know what your talking about,I'm going to try the circuit that you do, I'm not able to run right now, my knee is giving me fits,so this is what I can do for cardio and fat loss,which is what I'm more concerned with at 54 yrs old,I'm going to start again the balance squats again,I want to develop that teardrop muscle,but again thanks again for the tips and taking the time to post your workouts.

Share |

11-26-2012, 08:35 PM

Dyno- you rock bro!

Today Monday November 26, 2012

150 push-ups at work, at home I did 50 down to 41 as part of a 10 drop set circuit workout. Over 600 push-ups, over 300 sit-ups and balance squats. Over 1200 reps today. Good stuff

Share |

11-28-2012, 02:16 PM

Tuesday November 27, 2012

Not the best workout today, I havent been feeling great all day. Anyway I did 17 sets of 30 pushups for 510 reps, 17 sets of 15 situps with was I think like 259 and 17 sets of 25 squats which was over 400 reps. The workout took forever and my heart really wasnt in it.

Wednesday November 28, 2012

Again not the greatest workout but I did something a little different. I just got Charlie Bronson's Solitary Fitness book and have to decided to use his "solitary basics" workout as my "cardio". I will say why in a minute...

First this morning I cracked off 10 sets of 50 pushups in about 30 minutes or less. Not bad.

In reading Charlie's book he says to do his 7 exercises: Pushups, Sit Ups, Squats, Squat Thrusts (which is more of a mountain jumper in my book), Burpee (which is more of a squat thrust that I am used to), Star Jumps and Step Ups ( a higher step, doing one leg at a time for 10 reps each). Charlie recommends doing each exercise once for 10 reps at a slow speed to start off with. Yeah, well Im in "super" shape, I can bang out 10 sets of 10 reps each! Which is like a long term goal according to him. Well, I should have listened. Panting and pouring sweat I barely finished the last set of step ups in 32 minutes. AND i rested way more than I should have. It was tough. Star Jumps are just awful. I must say that if someone could do all 7 exercises 10x10 (sets and reps) without resting they would be in amazing shape. That is my goal. To do that workout each day, combined with 500 pushups daily. Coincidentally, it made for 600 pushups for the day and 1200 reps total. That workout wont build muscle like concentrated high rep pushups, but it sure will get your heart pumping and some calories burning!! AND you dont need anything special to do it. If you cant find something to step up on you could do lunges and it would be very similar.

Share |

11-29-2012, 10:07 AM

Thursday November 29, 2012

The first workout of the day: Bronson's Circuit, done Weapon X style

Pushups 10x10
Situps 10x10
Balance Squat 10x10
Squat Thrust 10x10
Burpee with PUSHUP 10x10
Star Jump 10x10
Step Ups 10x10

Completely ugly. Im covered in sweat. SInce most of these exercises are lower body centered, I will do the burpees with two pushups from now on, so at the completion of my circuit, 300 pushups will be completed.

Throughout the rest of the day, either before or after the circuit, depending on which shift Im working, or how busy I am, I will do sets of pushups throughout the day.

Share |

05-11-2013, 09:16 AM

Been awhile... Saturday May 11,2013

Atlas iii pushups: 5x 25
Pull-ups 5x4. These need work! Dropped them for awhile due to elbow pain
Crunching sit ups 60,45

When my daughter goes up for her nap I'm going to do some sprints

Share |

05-11-2013, 12:17 PM

Still on Saturday May 11, 2013

Instead of sprints, I took JP's advice.

Put 30 minutes on the clock, 25 pushups, 25 assorted abs, 25 hindu squats. As many sets as possible in that time.

Ended up with 24 sets. 600 reps. Covered in sweat.

finished with 1 mile run in 9:19

I honestly feel that all the hindu squats ive been doing have made me a better runner. you wouldnt know it, but thats a good mile time for me.

Share |

07-21-2013, 10:21 AM

Sunday July 21,2013

Again, haven't posted in awhile. The workouts are still simple but intense.

Pushups with hands and feet on chairs- 224

Pushups military- 300

Total -523

PYTP ab medley: 10 reps of 10 exercises, then 9 reps,8,7,6,5,4,3 for 500 crunches

Hindu Squats- first set was 120 reps then 4 more sets of 100 for 500 total.

Basically these three exercises every day in varying formats. Sometimes circuits, sometimes countdowns, straight sets etc.
I will super set chins in there, Dsr curls and sometimes sprints in lieu of squats

Share |