Share |
This Guy Isn't Going To Hell...He's There

Author

02-15-2011, 01:26 PM

Hey Friends,

Daily in the media Hollywood Celebrities, Rock Stars and Sports Figures are held up as role models. These are people that young people look up to and aspire to be like. The sad truth is that many of these so called "role models" are miserable degenerates that are not only self destructing drug addicts but they are leading others astray by their bad behaviour and the attention they receive as a result of the media.

Let's be clear. There is nothing cool or admirable about turning one's self into a degenerate scumbag and loser and having it broadcast on national television. Being a drug addict that lives only for the purpose of getting high or having promiscuous sex is to lower one's self to a level that is no higher than an animal and is slap to our Creators face.

Consider: In the Gospel of Mark 8:36, Jesus Christ stated, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" This is something for one and all to consider and take seriously. Like it or not, there is a day of judgment for each and every one of us and what we do here in our lifetime, spent in good old Boot Camp Planet Earth matters. IT COUNTS.

Here is an example of what Our Lord was talking about in the negative sense. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Unless there is a divine intervention in this man's life he is finished. His life is an example of an out of control downward spiral that will ultimately end in complete destruction. He serves as an example of a misused and wasted life. Sadly, instead of using his considerable talents to elevate and make a difference in the lives of others he has literally dissipated and destroyed himself. It's almost hard to imagine that this could be the same young guy that showed so much promise 25 years ago in the movie "Platoon".

---John Peterson

Share |

02-16-2011, 11:46 AM

The title of this thread says it all!
There all a lot of people in this world who strugle to make ends mean, and yet they keep their faith and intergrity intact despite all. On the other hand you see people like Mr. Sheen who waste their lives without any regret.

“The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” — William Arthur Ward

Share |

Legacy Member

02-17-2011, 02:08 AM

I read that interview. Anyone who says that they can do this or that drug recreationally without problems is only fooling themselves and is in full blown addiction. I have heard it many, many times by addicts and alcoholics, "I can put it down anytime I want. I just don't want to." They are only fooling themselves.

Greg

Share |

02-17-2011, 09:49 AM

personally I think he is faking it.

he looks way too good at 45 for the coke + booze that the press releases say.

a fake drunk, just like dean martin in the good old days.

Share |

Author

02-17-2011, 10:16 AM

Hey Djanello,

I see your point. I really do. But even if you are correct, in a way it's almost worse because there will be gullible people that will have the bright idea that they can follow Charlie Sheen's example and still look pretty good. One thing for certain though, time will tell. I hope that he comes to his senses in the way that Robert Downey Jr. has. I've always liked Charlie Sheen as an actor. he was great in Oliver Stone's "Platoon". And i also though he did a great job starring with Clint Eastwood in "The Rookie".

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

02-17-2011, 10:18 AM

Hey Djanello,

Its possible. This might be his way to keep in the celeb spotlight. Aren't you in the bar business? You'd have an eye for this kind of thing.

Greg

Share |

02-18-2011, 08:41 AM

hey greg,

nope, no bar business for me !

the guys I met who drank the most were politicians in Boston.

compare a photo of Tip O'Neill (real drinker) with a photo of Dean Martin or Charlie Sheen and you'll see the difference.

so is it worse to be a 'virtual' sinner than the real thing? i'll leave that one to the ordained ministers on the board, but reading the news these days you have to give some credit to the folks in sodom and gomorrah. at least they went out and actually committed the sins in real life, instead of watching it on the internet.

Share |

Legacy Member

02-18-2011, 08:48 AM

Sheen has an army of hair and make-up people - not to mention plastic surgeons - to make it look good. This is a picture of him unprocessed.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

-Joe

Share |

02-18-2011, 01:26 PM

In many respects I think that being a celebrity can be a curse. All of that power, all of that money, and the fact that many women are obsessed with celebrities and just throw themselves at them, and it is not just the good looking ones. A friend of mine's secretary, who was an attractive and intelligent woman, fell for one of the most grotesque, fat, wrestlers that you have ever seen just because he was a celebrity of a sort and followed him around the country leaving her family and everything behind. To a degree celebrities are sheltered from reality and tend to act out many of the anti human traits of some of the ancient Roman Emperors such as Caligula. It is a shame that they become heros of so many young people who in turn wreck their own lives. Many women find "bad boys" attractive and exciting and like the danger.

Last edited by Andy62; 02-18-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Share |

Author

02-18-2011, 03:17 PM

Hey Djenello,

I have to admit that I really enjoyed reading your insightful post above where you state,

"so is it worse to be a 'virtual' sinner than the real thing? i'll leave that one to the ordained ministers on the board, but reading the news these days you have to give some credit to the folks in sodom and gomorrah. at least they went out and actually committed the sins in real life, instead of watching it on the internet."

As an ordained minister of the gospel through Koinonia Fellowship I have to say that you are making a good point. Personally, I believe 'virtual sinning' is 'the real thing' but 'real' in a different way. Mainly because one can commit some pretty despicable sins by intention while in private and on the internet that do not directly involve another person in the flesh and blood sense. So it's not a question of either one being 'worse'.

Now, as relates to Charlie Sheen I do think it's really sad because Charlie Sheen is a very gifted performer and it is not so much about Mr. Sheen's personal sins as much as it is that the man had so much potential to be a really good man and a good role model and to do so many good things that would have made a great difference in the lives of many people and instead has squandered it on things that have no lasting value and that he will one day have to answer for. However, that said, as a minister of the Gospel I can also assure you that God always allows U Turns. I hope Charlie Sheen makes a life changing U-Turn

---John Peterson

Share |