Share |
Excuses: The Rocks That Shipwreck Your...

Author

03-27-2017, 12:30 PM

Hey Friends,

Excuses are the rocks of disaster that will shipwreck your life. That my friends is a fact!

I've seen this to be the case hundreds of times. I've seen people that had everything seemingly going for them that were totally and completely shipwrecked by STUPID EXCUSES they had made for themselves rather than owning up to bad decisions, then apologizing, making amends and doing what was necessary to straighten out whatever was wrong. Make excuses for yourself and you'll lock yourself in to disaster instead of making necessary changes to heal your life.

So why am I telling you this?

Because earlier today I was sent an e-mail that I was transfixed by. Why? Because the man in the video clip was anything but the lithe, lean, sculpted Greek God type of physique that I admire and equate with functional strength and fitness. Yet, this man's strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination are nothing less than extraordinary. He had my respect when I got to the end of the video and discovered what he suffers with.

Bottom line: This man makes no excuses and I admire him.

Don't miss this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMfbZh51AaE

Then Watch this to see what he was 7 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daXaR_gdDmg

Think about it. Are you letting excuses ruin your life. Time to take your life back. NO EXCUSES!

---John Peterson

Share |

03-27-2017, 03:07 PM

I think that Hollywood has really done a job on us as we tend to believe everything comes down to physical appearance. I have always had a hobby of reading history and biography not just for names dates and places like in school, but just to figure out what made many famous people tick

All of the the frontiersmen were no over six feet tall and handsome like in the movies,Kit Carson was only 5'3" tall if I remember correctly,all of the great lovers were not good looking and all of the seductive women were not beautiful [Cleopatra had a hook nose],and many of the courtesans in the European courts were still functioning into advanced years.

Intangibles play into the equation - raw desire backed by belief in it's fulfillment , instincts, personality and mind power are just some of the forces that make things possible

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Andy62; 03-27-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Share |

Author

03-27-2017, 03:58 PM

Hey Gordon,

Great response. Don't know if you saw the clips but needless to say I was awed.

When and if you have a chance to view them (top one first) I think you will see why I was awed.

What you stated about Kit Carson I have read before and Daniel Boone was 5'8".

---John Peterson

Share |

03-27-2017, 04:40 PM

John. I viewed both of the clips on the site. In fact I came across that first clip earlier on the internet and was definitely awed by it. Life has taught me not to jump to conclusions about people based on physical appearance and other outward indications. I am convinced that we all have potential abilities that far exceed our expectations which is good to realize with other people, but even more importantly with ourselves. Gordon

Share |

Author

03-27-2017, 05:27 PM

Hey Gordon,

The reason I posted what I did in the first post in this thread is because I was awed to see how 'Off the Mark' I truly was.

This is what I mean by 'Off the Mark'.

Not long ago I would have looked at that man and assumed that he was just a guy with a big pot belly, obviously lazy, lacking in self discipline and totally out of shape.

Guess what? I was ashamed to realize the truth about myself. That I had been holding a prejudiced opinion not based in reality.

The definition of prejudice is "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience."

As I watched the clips of Sébastien Charron not only did I feel ashamed and realize how wrong I was but I remembered something my Grandfather told me. "Jackson the toughest guys don't look like Greek God's. They often look more like Tony Galento https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCjh22jKWv4 or Frank Cannonball Richards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpCD396Zkag

---John Peterson

Share |

03-27-2017, 05:50 PM

John, I agree with your grandfather . I have always been fascinated reading about Cannonball Richards.

It takes body mass to deliver and absorb shock:

https://outofthiscentury.wordpress.c...t-roman-arena/

Share |

03-29-2017, 12:00 AM

Very impressive. I'm so glad that guy didn't let mental illness destroy his passion. Things like this can be humbling and make me think : How many times have I been way too quick to judge and been so wrong in the picture I've painted about people I run across everyday?

Share |

Author

03-29-2017, 09:03 AM

Hey Steveo81,

God Bless YOU my friend. The very fact that we can so clearly see how we have misjudged people as the result of wake up calls the one we saw in the video clip says something very positive about us.

---John Peterson

Share |