03-19-2019, 04:23 PM

Im coming to a realization I feel fist pushups change the dynamics of push ups superiorly for me...I feel as though you can generate more power and contraction and more muscle fibers are called in play particulary in the arm muscles...also more range of motion and you can tweak your fist postion from pronated to supinated to various degrees in between for a unique effect..I have been using fist for all variations..I just feel more powerful

Share |

03-20-2019, 12:29 AM

TSB, if I may call you that. When you do fist pushups do you orient your fists North / South or East / West. For me if using flat hands it would be East/West, but for fist I do North / South.

I find North/South is better on my shoulders, especially if I keep the elbows into my sides.

North/South is with thumb up and pinky down. East / West is thumbs to middle (right / left)

Share |

Legacy Member

03-20-2019, 10:41 AM

Totally agree Superbeast!! In my teens and early 20's I did traditional Karate and each session we did hundreds of Kunckle pushups (on a hard tiled floor lol). I was never jacked as a teen (quite skinny to be fair), but I was strong and believe it kept me lean.

- Kenpopaul

Share |

03-20-2019, 04:20 PM

TSB is fine defiantly good for brevity..I use..
Neutral as in hands vertical
Pronated as in hands horizontal knuckles foward
Supinated or curl grip
Then slight degrees in between like 45 etc

Also it seems any pressing movement with a neutral or hammer grip..puts the shoulder in a pain free favorable biomechanic position...or with the hands externally rotated or fist rotated slightly out have shoulder protection and pain alleviating benefiets

Elbows tucked in makes sense as once again the shoulder is in a strong retracted and internally rotated position..and if you keep the chest open and shoulders retracted back as in dont let the shoulders roll foward/comee foward youll have have better posture and the pushup becomes a power move dynamically and isometrically

And as for combat the fist pushups KENOPAUL I agree also They feel to be more complete..and To build muscle I beleive in the intention and WAY you perform them you have to mix up variations tempos and ranges of motion..and be mindful of body mechanics..pushups require feedback of even the most perceptiable positons

Share |