Share |
An Update & A Reset

Author

04-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have never worked as hard at getting something right as I have on the new "Living Strength Isometric Power Belt Training System". There were several times I thought that I had it close to completion only to have two friends that are medical doctors tell me that I am not making things clear enough or that I am saying something that cannot be substantiated. Now I'm at a point of final revisions but even so, there are things that the doctors are correct about. There is simply no way for me to prove to you how much stronger I am as a result of Isometrics or how much stronger YOU will be as a result of mastering Isometric Contraction. This is due primarily to the fact that Isometric Contraction coordinates the mind and muscles to work together and to access the maximum number of muscle fibers for any given exertion. Isometric Contraction and relaxation allow you to access levels of muscle control that you may never have thought possible.

One thing both doctors mentioned is that I do not have an objective way with which someone could measure the increase in strength without testing that strength increase with weights, weight machines or a dynamometer. They are correct about that. In fact, everything they have said is true to an extent but in spite of that my bottom line is that I believe Coach James Baley was shooting straight with me when he told me during our many conversations that he had witnessed first hand seeing men achieve greater results from 25-minute workouts with an Isometric Power Belt than would be achieved with 2-hour workouts with barbells and dumbbells. This was partly due to the fact that the athletes that lifted heavy were stiffer and slower according to Baley who told me that Isometrically trained athletes were much faster and stronger for their size. Baley also mentioned to me how bad he thought compression of the spine is for all athletes and that spinal compression should be avoided at all costs but that it was impossible to accomplish when excessively heavy weights were employed for maximum strength development..

As relates to strength increase, he told me about several middleweight wrestlers that had been isometrically trained that he believed were far stronger in some ways than football players that outweighed them by 70 pounds. He also told me that in EVERY case that he was aware of that Isometrically trained wrestlers were stronger than those who had trained with weights alone. There was one wrestler that he trained with isometrics that wrestled at 165 pounds. He said this guy was so strong and athletic that he could beat everyone on the team including the heavyweight. As relates to swimmers he stated that swimmers that wanted to be as strong as possible without adding bodyweight were far better off with Isometrics than weights and that he had discussed this fact many times with Indiana Swim Coach Jim Councilman who was totally sold on the efficiency of Isometric Contraction. Councilman even told him that when he first coached Indiana that he had no way of recruiting the best high school swimmers so he went with the best he could get and then turned them into champions by making his swimmers the strongest. He told Baley that that had done more to recruit elite swimmmers than anything else. Baley also mentioned York lifter Lou Rieke that was a personal friend of his that told him that Isometric contraction was the only that he knew of that one could access that full limit of lifting strength as he himself had accomplished because Isometrics trained the maximum amount of muscle fibers to contract simultaneously. It was the fact that Isometric Contraction trained the nervous system to the maximum that he believed was the answer for accessing one's maximum strength.

So here we are. I have hundreds of new Isometric Power Belts ready to ship and I am in the process of completing the course that goes with them. I agree with the doctors that the only way to really test your strength gains accurately is with weights, weight machines or dynamometer.

Finally, I admit in the text itself that there are things that I cannot prove scientifically BUT when you see the dramatic increase in muscularity and the lowering in blood pressure and feel as though your body is a great deal lighter as you move with maximum efficiency and economy...that YOU will realize that it is due to mastering Isometrics.

---John Peterson

Share |

04-02-2019, 09:23 PM

Don't forget the ability of isometrics to develop "inner strength". All of your physical strength is generated by the mind. A stronger isometric contraction is the result of having transmitted a stronger command impulse from your mind to the target muscle. That impulse is intangible and non physical and cannot be quantified either.

Weights demonstrate only a very specific and limited range of strength where "inner strength" is very flexible and can shift to the type of strength required to meet different challenges [ physical, mental,emotional, etc] by controlling the "consciousness" which is the executive control mechanism of the entire body and mind.

Last edited by Andy62; 04-02-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Share |

Legacy Member

04-03-2019, 04:28 AM

well... if you need a test dummy or guinea pig to give your new book and belt a go, I'm you're huckleberry. :-)
I'll pay you up front for the complete package now and give your in progress book my unbiased opinion and a solid testing cycle...lol

:-)

In any case... looking forward to this, I usually stop by here every morning hoping for it's release.
All the Best.
-Jon

Share |

Legacy Member

04-10-2019, 09:57 AM

I'm with gbjj on that haha WOuld love to test it now.

I've been so impatient ever since you said about this course!!!! Each post like this teases me and I want it now haha

- Kenpopaul

Share |

04-10-2019, 12:42 PM

OK, John. As Zig Ziglar would often say when training sales people. "Enough talking about the labor pains, show me the baby!"

So, when will the course, with the instructional booklet (to be sold separately, I understand), be available for sale?

Share |

Author

04-10-2019, 03:41 PM

Hello No Bite,

The new belt is available NOW. The course that I have been re-writing will go out the door on May 15th 2019.

The Apparatus is $89.99 and Course is $39.99 when purchased separately and $119.99 when purchased together.

As relates to the Course.

If I had it to do over I would not have had anyone review and give me their feedback, medical doctors or not. Not because the feedback is not valuable but because there is no way that I can incorporate the ideas both men have presented without writing 400+ pages.

Example: Isometric contraction is a skill of its own that is developed over time. it's impossible for me to tell someone what a maximum contraction is supposed to feel like. Seriously, how do you describe something like that? Years ago I read Steve Justa's 'Rock, Iron, Steel' and thought that he did a great job on the Isometric section. But I also had several people contact me about it and tell me that they thought it was not nearly specific enough. In one section Justa brought up a new concept that I had not previously heard or read of in what he described as 'Aerobic Isometrics'. Justa advised that one would contract at 50% or less and hold for extended periods of time from 30 seconds to several minutes. The question was how do you quantify 50%. I personally had no problem because it is easy for me to think in abstract terms. BUT there are people out there that want to have someone do their thinking for them and the truth is that I am not that man.

So the course that I am releasing is written in my own style though I do make references to discussions I had with both Coach Baley and Dr. Laurence Morehouse. I have a feeling that the conversations I had with them and questions that I had asked are relevant because they are representative of the questions that just about everyone would have...We'll see.

---John Peterson

Share |

04-10-2019, 05:25 PM

Thank you, John. I plan to pay the premium and purchase the course first to see how much I can do with my current belt. I donít mind paying a little more to experiment in that manner. I can understand how some people who in their professional life quantify everything might have an issue relying on instinctual feelings. And trying to quantify the effectiveness of one type of exercise over another form seems to me to be only an intellectual expedition. Just try it and see for yourself! As youíve mentioned so many times, results are predicated in the userís effort! This isnít mindless sets and reps.

Share |

04-14-2019, 04:29 PM

Hi John,
Excited about the new belt and course. Does the course include the new information on diet that we have been hearing about?
thanks

Share |