Share |
Nutrition is 85% of Building Your Physique

Author

07-16-2019, 01:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

I received an e-mail from a man that asked me if I agree with the late Vince Gironda's assessment that nutrition is responsible for 85% of the success one will achieve in building an exceptional physique.

This particular man wrote that he had read books by many others that sometimes stated that nutrition is 50% of the correct strategy for building one's body but not 85%. The question was whether or not I believe that Gironda was correct?

Answer: YES! I agree but not for the reason you might think. IT IS NOT just giving your body fuel and building materials even though that is critically important. So why would Gironda rate nutrition as 85% in the importance of building an exceptional physique while giving exercise a mere 15% of the requirement?????

I'll tell you why. It's because the foods you consume not only supply the best possible building materials but will absolutely determine your HORMONE BALANCE.

It is YOUR HORMONES more than anything that determines the results you will achieve so in that sense I agree with Vince Gironda's statement that nutrition is 85% of the battle. Bear in mind that STEROIDS are a hormonal manipulation that is used as a shortcut in place of hormone boosting nutrition but in the long run, it's nutrition that makes the greatest difference.

---John Peterson

Share |

Send a message via AIM to sixmillionman Send a message via MSN to sixmillionman

07-16-2019, 04:45 PM

i agree with that now but I use to think diet did not matter as long as you exercised.i was completely wrong.i have been dianost having prediabetes.i have given up bread and pasta and cut my sugar intake about 80%.i have lost 30 pounds.you are what you eat.

Share |

Author

07-16-2019, 06:46 PM

Hello, Six Million Man,

Congratulations are in order. 30 pounds is an achievement.

What you state about not believing nutrition to being vitally important is something that I heard from Dr. Laurence E. Morehouse. He literally believed that exercise was more important than nutrition and paid very little attention to nutrition BUT the truth is that no one ever achieves the best benefits of exercise without the best possible nutrition. This is especially true for older men that need to spike hormone production in order to benefit from exercise.

There are millions of Americans that are prediabetic.due to our altered food supply.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

07-17-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixmillionman View Post
i agree with that now but I use to think diet did not matter as long as you exercised.i was completely wrong.i have been dianost having prediabetes.i have given up bread and pasta and cut my sugar intake about 80%.i have lost 30 pounds.you are what you eat.
Hey Good on ya!

I have been doing a similar thing (Keto, Low Carb). I initially had great success, felt great eliminating pasta, flour products, starchy vegetables, sugar, etc; however, I hit a plateau really quickly. I didn't have that bloated feelings after meals; however, I'm not losing weight at this point.

I get extremely frustrated at the amount of information/misinformation that is out there ($$$ schemes etc). At this point I feel as though it's the amount of food I eat that seems to be the issue, as well as over-consuming protein; however, I find it difficult to really find good recipes, food choices.

I have made it a top priority to reduce my waist size and make that my main metric to guage my fitness level.

Waist/Height @ <=.5 is my main metric ( currently at .54)

Share |