Share |
Today and Yesterday

Legacy Member

06-09-2010, 05:09 AM

One of the things I like about Tranformetrics and the journey it entails is improving over what I did a few years ago or even what I could have done when I was supposedly at my athletic peak in my late twenties.

Yesterday I did 20 one hundred yard hill sprints. My wind was good and I had energy to spare afterwards. I followed it with flat sprints and an easy 1 mile jog. After that I did pullups.

Five years ago this would have been an impossibility. I never would have had the stamina to have pushed the first ten hill sprints. Actually, twenty years ago I'd wouldn't have been able to do this either.

So what has changed? No weights for one thing. Some hate I am so negative toward weight training, but it does take your focus off other aspects of fitness and causes you to concentrate on pushing heavier and heavier weights in the gym. Too, it robs you of your endurance and over time trashes your joints. When I first started running a few years ago, I looked like an arthritic penguin waddling down the track.

Another thing that has changed has been setting limits for myself. I was capable of much more than I ever thought. The first time I did 100 consecutive Tiger Stretch Pushups a light bulb went on. I had been short changing myself for many years.

Last, the style of training I do now enhances overall fitness, not just one aspect. With high rep calisthenics and self resistance, you are working all seven aspects of fitness, not just strength. You are creating endurance, speed, flexibility, balance, coordination, and aesthetics as well.

So how about you? Are you ready to make TODAY better than YESTERDAY? Join us with John Peterson's TRANSFORMETRICS.

Greg Newton

Last edited by Greg Newton; 06-09-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Share |

Legacy Member

06-09-2010, 06:07 AM

Greg,

Fantastic Brother! That is wonderful and what a great thread!
I was thinking about last year and going through a week of 1000 push-ups a day,500 squats along with everything else.

When you look at what John does,what you do,what Gordon does and what I do-hopefully it gives everyone some hope and inspiration. Between the four of us for instance-200 years of living!!!!Amazing!

peace,
jason

Share |

06-09-2010, 07:00 AM

Great post Greg and way to go.

Aaron

Share |

Banned

06-09-2010, 08:45 AM

Greg the big difference is you are repairing the old damage and building yourself up. Limber and strong is differnt than just strong, some weight lifters are strong and can lift heavy weights, but that does not translate into healthy and ablity to function in life. If you can lift 500 lbs but can not bend over to tie your shoes something is wrong. I've come to think that Transformetircs is all about improving the quality of life, curing the body naturally and making it all you can be.

This is how the warriors in ancient Greece and Rome did it, also the Middle East, N. Africa and Asia. Healthy body healthy mind. I am sure the early Christians were fit, healthy and needed to be. Christ talking to the Centurian shows us those warriors where there as our faith was born. Some think that Longinus was that Centurion. Those were cruel times and people thought differntly, I've wondered if Longinus and the Roman Soldier's there guarding the Crucifiction were Christians, stabbing the Lord to make sure he died fast was not cruelty as modern's think, it was mercy from a cruel death. That they gave Jesus thier vinegar wine on a sponge is telling, that is what the Legionaires drank. That was mercy again. In the East Christianity spread like wildfire among the people, in the West is spread like wildfire among the Legions and came from the top down to the people. When Constantine said as he entered Rome "I entered a pagan city and that night it was a Christian City" he was speaking a literal truth. The Roman Army Constantine defeated to become Emperor was also a Christian Army just as was the Army of Constantine!

Share |

06-09-2010, 10:03 AM

Greg,

You're a mentor for many members, and your posts are the main reason I am part of this outstanding community.
Thank you for always saying the right thing at the right time.

“The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” — William Arthur Ward

Share |

Banned

06-09-2010, 05:45 PM

That's very motivating thanks Greg

Share |

06-09-2010, 06:38 PM

Greg, That is great! Life is about changing, growing, overcoming fear and obstacles. That is what makes it the great adventure that it is. There is no training system- physical, mental or emotional that can prepare you for it as well as Transformetrics.

Share |

06-09-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Newton View Post
So what has changed? No weights for one thing. Some hate I am so negative toward weight training, but it does take your focus off other aspects of fitness and causes you to concentrate on pushing heavier and heavier weights in the gym. Too, it robs you of your endurance and over time trashes your joints. When I first started running a few years ago, I looked like an arthritic penguin waddling down the track.
Greg Newton
I think you put hammer to nail there, Greg. The weights take your focus, they become your training. I'm not saying that happens to everyone, but I think there is a strong propensity in that direction. There are lots of articles and people to tell you the magic of weights that you start to believe that they are the end all be all and that you don't need cardio or to train other aspects of fitness. I've been there myself, so I know what you mean.

Share |