Share |
hows the best way to get abs?

07-11-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
hows the best way to get abs?
Become a fan and comment on the Facebook page or post your reply here, where it will be linked as a comment.

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nathan

07-11-2010, 10:31 PM

I would have to say there is no "best way" of getting abs. It has a lot to do with your exercise, nutrition, but also with your biological make up also(to a small extent).

Exercise wise, focus on exercises that hit your whole body. Push-ups are an amazing exercise to use. Just for the simple fact that you can hit every muscle in your body and can do them anytime and anywhere. Ab exercises are good for helping you build up your abdominal structure, but they won't make you get a 6 pack. You need to burn off the layer of fat that is(or may be) covering them.

For the nutrition part, keep your eating as clean as you can. Try to cut out any soda, beer, or anything of that nature out of your diet(as it will NOT help you!!). Stay away from any refined sugars, starches, refined foods are not your friend when trying to lose weight. Eat wholesome foods, that will help your body get the nutrition it needs,

Good luck and All the Best!!

~Nathan

Jesus Christ

Share |

07-12-2010, 01:11 AM

we all have abs. but the problem arises when we want them to be seen. the best way ive eer heard of putting it is like this, "we all have a six pack we just have to open the refrigator door to see it".
so with that in mind the abs are there they just have a layer ofunwanted fat over them. diet and cardio is absolutely key for revealing abs.

Share |

07-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
thanx man. im havin trouble w the fatright down the midline. ya know the part im talkin about
Become a fan and comment on the Facebook page or post your reply here, where it will be linked as a comment.

Share |

Legacy Member

07-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Here a weightloss question from not-too-long0ago that has some really great advice.

http://www.transformetrics.com/forum...ead.php?t=4887

When it comes to abs, you'll be surprised just how much 10 or 15 pounds of body fat makes a difference. The trick is to lose body fat not just bodyweight. So eat right and exercise right and you'll lose the fat, keep the muscle and reveal your abs.

-Joe

Share |

Author

07-12-2010, 02:35 PM

Best Way?

Truth to tell, building muscle while simultaneously losing fat. In other words, G.U.T.S. Both Greg Newton and Joe Justice have books coming out with multiple training routines that make it possible for anyone to train G.U.T.S. style, eat right and lose fat. Which brings up a point. if you want ripped abs you need to E-A-T. If you starve yourself you will shut down your body's metabolism and cause your body to accelerate fat storage when you do eat. NOT SMART!

---John Peterson

Last edited by John Peterson; 07-12-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Share |

Legacy Member

07-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Both Greg and Joe have books coming out? That is great stuff, any timetable when this is going to happen?I like the wisdom of John, Joe, and Greg, is a win, win sistuation for all of us, Im fired up.

Share |

07-13-2010, 04:02 PM

Abs show when one is lean, regardless of strength or fitness levels. But the way to get lean (if you weren't born a walking skeleton like me) is to increase your overall strength and fitness levels!

A balanced yet intense foundational exercise program like GUTS or PYTP will eventually get you there if you are willing to have the patience and persistence.

Share |

Legacy Member

07-14-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynogoalie30 View Post
Both Greg and Joe have books coming out? That is great stuff, any timetable when this is going to happen?I like the wisdom of John, Joe, and Greg, is a win, win sistuation for all of us, Im fired up.
It's all very top secret stuff. We could tell you... but we'd have to kill you! (and I just bought this shirt, so I don't want to get it messy)

-Joe

Share |

07-14-2010, 08:48 AM

wow good for you joe and greg. im sure the books will be great. i guess ill never be able to write a book now....between John, Joe, and Greg there will be nothing left to write.but seriously i know you guys will do great!

Share |

Tags
facebook