Share |
A Call From A Busted Up Lady Marine...

Author

09-12-2019, 04:06 PM

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I received a call from a 28-year-old young woman that had been a Marine and a very competitive trainee at a Crossfit style (extreme training) gym. She called me because her mother had been working with us in our design and publishing business and she (her mother) saw my new book cover "Power Secrets-The Nutritional Edge' and told me about how seriously her daughter, Megan, had been injured as a result of extreme competitive training. This was almost two weeks ago. During our discussion, I told her, "Joy, I'm going to give you copies of each of my books so that your daughter can read them and understand the philosophy behind Transformetrics (TM)." Within a few days I got a call from Joy's husband who voiced great gratitude and went on to tell me that he was a former U of M Football player that had ruined his left knee and both shoulders and that he wished he had come across my books 35 years ago when he was a 22-year-old lineman. It was a great conversation and I assured him that his body still had great healing potential and that my Nutritional Course would be back from the printer within a few weeks to guide him on the best healing nutrients to rebuild his tissues. It was a very pleasant conversation and I knew that he was both serious and hopeful of making a sustained recovery. He then told me that he hoped his daughter, Megan, would read everything carefully.

Then yesterday, after more than a week had gone by I was contacted by their daughter, Megan and that young woman told me what was basically a horror story of how she had been training for the past two years. When she finished, I told her that I was amazed that it took almost two years to become 'a walking body of pain'. When I said that she told me, "I was in serious pain within three months but I thought I adjust and instead it just became progressively worse." She then asked about Isometrics and other healing modalities as we discussed everything she asked about the one thing that came across loud and clear to me is that these young people today aren't looking for realistic lifelong systems of training. Instead, they want to achieve superhuman levels of performance that can't be achieved or sustained naturally by anyone. Mark my words friends, the level of injuries that are being treated today is a drop in the bucket compared to what will happen in the next decade if people continue this kind of insanity.

---John Peterson.

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

09-12-2019, 07:02 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if CrossFit became an Olympic sport one day, it's that popular among the masses these days. It is reaching levels of training that has had more injuries than long term results. It's basically a "sport" that treats as if you're training for the military on a frequent basis and putting in too many exercises that doesn't give someone proper time to recover. They even got people over 50 doing it and it's a miracle none of these people are dead. It's a short term form of training believed to look like you can have long term results. Thmsome of those people are very fit and have incredible physiques that movie stars wished they had.

It's taking amateur athletes and making the training look something that is made for highly advanced world class pro athletes. It's scary how crazy it is. Never got into it for the sole purpose of wanting to be fit at an older age and not have that YOLO mentality that has you doing extreme things and paying the price for it later.

Share |

Author

09-12-2019, 07:29 PM

Hello BennyB,

It seems to me that the vast majority of people going in that direction have grown up watching superhero movies in which the hero literally does superhuman feats of strength and agility that these people become intent on duplicating. Without chemical enhancement and a whole lot of other things, a great many of these people will become injury statistics at some point because they share a certain type of mentality that states that superhuman performance is worth any price that is paid. I even saw a video clip of a man that had fractured his spine in a Crossfit competition and that was paralyzed from his hips down make the statement that it was worth it, he had no regrets and that he would do it all again if given the opportunity. The man made that statement immediately after he sustained the injury and I wonder if he still feels that way several years on. It would be interesting to know.

And for what it is worth, I AM NOT criticizing anyone.

---John Peterson

Share |