Share |
Mark Twain's The War Prayer in 2 parts

Legacy Member

02-18-2009, 02:46 AM

Hello brothers and sisters,

Mark Twain wrote a small essay called "The War Prayer." Here is a video presentation of this classic Mark Twain antiwar statement in 2 parts. They are a bit long but well worth it.

Regards,

Alan OldStudent

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Share |

Legacy Member

02-18-2009, 02:50 AM

Part 2 of Mark Twain's, The War Prayer.

Regards,

Alan OldStudent

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Share |

Legacy Member

02-18-2009, 02:55 AM

ADDENDUM To Above:

For some reason, this second YouTube object is not playing right now.

You may click here to see it if necessary.

Regards,

Alan OldStudent

Share |

02-18-2009, 02:29 PM

We all hope and pray for peace,but I must admit that never in my lifetime have I seen that possiblity more remote. Iraq was a better and more strategic target than Afghanistan. Iraq is pretty well stabilized right now and we increased our troop commitment to Afghanistan today by 17,000 troops. Alexander the Great, Ghengis Khan, The British Empire, and The Soviet Union were unable to conquer Afghanistan . In the face of our recent diplomatic moves with Pakistan; yesterday they instituted "Islamic Law" which really sends a signal. How could the media not see the significance of that- they played it down? Pakistan is of course a nuclear nation. I wish it were different,but while we pray we had better keep strong. In that part of the world and with those cultures the "reaching out" strategies which we seem to be pursuing are regarded as a sign of weakness.

Share |