09-16-2012, 08:33 PM

A mutual acquaintance of my wife and I shared a sad story with her today. We have known them for a while and were in church with them before we changed churches. The dad in this family is an alcoholic, and sadly has chosen drinking over his family. He has moved out, lost a job, lost his car and license. He has two great kids that are now fatherless. I pray for healing in him and his family. My life could have been like his. I was drinking a lot, and headed down a hard road. I am thankful that Jesus pulled me out of that self destructive pit. Had my wife not been praying for me and our family who knows ..... I hope you will send a prayer for him and his family. The devil is attacking us in our marriages and our homes. Men, love your wives as Christ loves the church. Keep your families together! Who cares what others say. Be bold in your faith and put your trust in the Lord.

I want to also say thank you for your prayers during my struggles with drinking. This is a great place to find encouragment.

In Christ,

Tomman

Share |

Author

09-16-2012, 09:30 PM

Tomman,

Thank You. It's an honor to pray for this man. Prayer changes things. And never forget, "Therefore, make it your habit to confess your sins to one another and to pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." James 5:16

---John Peterson

Share |

09-16-2012, 09:46 PM

Your friends have my prayers as well.

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm And ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed." Joel 2:25, 27

Share |

Banned

09-16-2012, 10:33 PM

Tomman your friend and her family is in my prayers, and I am praying for the husband also.

In his case the police arresting him might be a blessing in disguise. A Court (if he does not have a long record) might put him in jail to sober up, followed by mandated Treatment; monitored by a Probation Officer. i have seen folks change when Courts forced the issue and it was a blessing for many families. Hopefully he will sober up and pull his life together. That Courts mandate AA also in New York as part of Treatment.

God bless that woman and her children! They are the true victims in this.

Share |

09-17-2012, 02:26 AM

I am praying for acquaintance of your wife.Some times difficulty makes us to love life more. Nothing is impossible. Come on !

Share |

Legacy Member

09-17-2012, 04:04 AM

Hey Tomman,

Your friends are in my prayers.

Take care,
Steve

Share |

09-17-2012, 08:39 AM

They are in my prayers

Share |

09-17-2012, 11:25 AM

Tomman and All,

Tomman I commend you for having the guts and courage to get help and not let pride and selfishness get you. We all deal with challeges and stumbling blocks, the key is to keep on and soemtime we have to grit our teeth put our head down and keep moving. Prayers for this guys and his family.

This is a song by Casting Crowns called "Courageous" For men with wives and or kids, we must lead our families, confront our families and most of all ourselves with Gods truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

I feel like I fall short 90% of the time but that is no excuse to give up or give in. We must fight the good fight. The god of this world comes to steal, kill, destroy lives , marriages, people. We must fight and it starts with our minds and loving our families no matter what. I am a work in progress for sure.

Men and boys are taking a beating in the media and TV. We are pretrayed as stupid, racists and unfeeling. I know more girls are getting degrees over boys and many boys are dropping out of school due to education not handling them correctly or wanting them to act like girls.

Monty

Share |

09-17-2012, 05:20 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers! I know the Lord is working in hearts and minds. Great song Monty, and Mike, I am with you. Sometimes we have to hit our rock bottom to be able to look up and find grace.

Tom

Share |