Share |
Hybrid Royal Cout Workout

01-20-2009, 05:45 PM

Week 2: Tuesday

Better Workout today. The Broccoli Soup kicked in and had a good night's rest.

TIVI: About 20 reps of the joint looseners.

Pushups: 66 Tiger Stretch Pushups.
Finally, felt pretty strong on these today. Did slow down a little on the last 5 or 6.

Squats: 500 - 498 Tiger Bend, 2 Great Gama.
Had to throw a few Great Gama jumpers in there. Slowed down the pace today. 500 timed out at about 13:57. Went ahead and did the flutter kicks after the squats instead of before. Was suspecting that they drained quite a bit of energy from the squats.

Flutter Kicks: 25 reps of 4 counts: 1,2,3,4 2,2,3,4, etc.....
These must be a great exercise for the legs as well as the core. Since I was kind of shot, really didn't want to push it to 30 reps. I think the Flutter Kicks work a lot of the same muscles as the squats--even though you're lying on your back doing them.

Wall Walk: 1 wall walk.

Worked in the first five of Pushing Yourself to Power's chest routines.

Hank

Share |

01-27-2009, 05:56 PM

Week 3: Tuesday

Had a real short workout yesterday. Wasn't going to do one. But remembered the Pierini Practice: "A little bit is better than nothing!" So did 10 slow Tiger Stretch Pushups, and 10 slow Tiger Bend Squats.

Today: Another shorter workout.

TIVI: a few reps

Pushups: 67 Tiger Stretch in 1 set.
Took a Whacky Baby Tip (WBT) at about 60 and finished out at 67. That's the goal for this week. One set goal of 67. What takes the most time in these workouts is the squats, if I go for 500. That's a good 12 - 14 minutes plus a break of around least 2 minutes

Finished out strong last Saturday with 66 in one set. Felt pretty strong throughout the set. So wasn't expecting to use a WBT to finish out the set of 67 today. But will get stronger, if the pattern follows as last week doing the 66. Shooting for finishing out a complete set without having to pause. But will pause, if necessary on top to recuperate.

Squats: 125
100 Tiger Bend finishing with 25 Great Gama Jump Squats.

Wall Walk: 1

No chest routines today. And left out the flutter kicks today. Hope to get them in tomorrow.

Hank

Share |

01-28-2009, 01:38 PM

Another quick workout today.

TIVI: about 5 reps

Pushups: 67 Tiger Stretch.
Little bit stronger today than yesterday. Slowed down at the last 5 or so, but didn't have to take a pause on top: better known as a Whacky Baby Tip (WBT).

100 Tiger Bend, 25 Great Gama jumpers to finish.

Couple of door stretches.
Lean into the door ledge, grab it with your fingertips, stretch your lower spine while doing Farmer Burn's stomach flatteners.

Kind of like doing the final stretch of a Tiger Stretch pushup, but vertical.

Matt Furey had an interesting link on the Mind Body connection on how to feel positive without positive thinking. But in essence he tells the listener to associate the power and strength of the sun through the breathing process.

Don't know if I particularly care for using an image of the sun to achieve the end of feeling positive. But the same principle can be applied using any positive thought. But you could try substituting the thoughts of strength, power, vigor, etc. for the sun and achieve the same results. And you can selectively control and channel the desired effect by being selective in your choice of ideas or images that you use during the process he gives an example of.

Hank

Share |

01-30-2009, 01:31 PM

Week 3: Thursday:

Short workout on Wednesday. 10 slow Tiger Stretch pushups. Now that was short.

Today's:

TIVI: about 3 reps

Pushups: 67 Tiger Stretch in one set.
Been thinking about the Furey concept of using images in the mind body connection, but applying that principle to the exercise. It's one thing to think put your mind into the muscle, but it helps to dramatically improve that influence if you project an image into your mind that reflects the qualities that you want to achieve.

For instance, using the image of the sun invokes thoughts of strength and warmth. But imagine thinking of the strength of the lion as you breathe in during your exercise. That's what I tried today going down for the initial movement of the Tiger Stretch pushup I inhale imagining that I am inhaling strength of the lion, breathing out the fatigue as I'm going back up to the top of the movement.

Seemed to work pretty good. I did feel a slight degree of fatigue as I hit sixty. But was able to keep up the speed and felt considerably stronger as I finished out the set. Usually, when you tell someone to put their mind into the muscle you can see their eyebrows furrow in deep concentration. I suppose that helps, but imagine infusing your body with the strength as you inhale during the course of the exercise.

Flutter Kicks: a set of 30 using the four count method: 1,2,3,4 2,2,3,4 ......

100 Tiger Bend, 25 Great Gama Jumpers

A few door stretches.

And that's it for the day. Tomorrow will probably post some tips on some habits that appears to have helped trim myself down recently.

Hank

Share |

02-02-2009, 03:21 PM

Week 4: Monday

Whacked out workout. In other words, I need to get more sleep. But this week's goal for the Tiger Stretch pushups is 68. Upping the ante by 1 extra a week. Not a dramatic increase. But then again, I'm not in a hurry.

TIVI: Did these joint looseners a little longer than normal.

Pushups: 68 Tiger Stretch.
Felt the effects of a short night's sleep. Had to pull more than a few Whacky Baby Tips (WBT) to finish out the 68. No other exercise tests the limits of my strength more than pushups. Well, maybe pullups. But I can only do about 5 of those on a good day. And JP did 500 of these. Wow.

Squats: 100
50 Tiger Bend, 25 Great Gama, finishing with 25 Tiger Bend.

Couple Hanging Door Frame stretches. Not a long workout. But it got the blood flowing

Hank

Share |

02-03-2009, 02:14 PM

Week 4: Tuesday

Short workout:

Few deep breaths to warm up.

Pushups: 68 Tiger Stretch
Good night's sleep helped tremendously today. Slowed down a tad at the last five or so, but no WBT's.

Squats: 100
1 set of 100 Great Gama Jump Squats.

Couple of door stretches.

Hank

Share |

02-06-2009, 03:09 PM

Week 4: Friday

Couple of TIVI's to loosen up the joints.

Pushups: 68 Tiger Stretch
Took about a second pause on top at 58, finished out the set at 68.

Scissor Kicks: Set of 30 using 4 count.
Came pretty easy today.

Squats: 500
490 Tiger Bend, wtih 10 Great Gama Jumpers to burn a few extra carbs. Used to really break out in a sweat doing 500. The sweat would be rolling at 300 and I would be a mopping it up. Now, I'm lucky to get moist.

Furey Back Bridge: 180 count.
Put the mind into relax mode on this one. I usually dread going back and touching the nose while doing this bridge. But have been trying to visualize enjoying this one and relaxing. It helps.
I just have a hard time pulling myself up after I'm done. Feels like there's a magnet pulling me down to the floor and I dont' want to get up. First bridge I've done this week.
But good workout today. Lot of energy today.

Hank

Share |

02-09-2009, 12:49 PM

Week 5: Monday

TIVI: A moderate amount of joint looseners.

Pushups: 69 Tiger Stretch
No problems today. Had a good night's sleep. Breezed through this set. No WBT's. Should hit my goal of going for 70 in one set next week before taking a week off. Inching on up towards 100 in 1 set.

Squats: 150
Mixture of Tiger Bend and Great Gama Jump Squats alternated.
75 TB, 25 GG, 25 TB, 25 GG

Scissor Kicks:
Decided to up the ante a little today from 1,2,3,4 ..... 30,2,3,4 to 32.2,3,4.
Must have talked myself out of going for 32 a few times. But ultimately tried to stick the 32.
Made it.

Door Stretches:
Do these in place of the back bridge. Just grab the ledge and hang stretching out the back while doing Farmer Burns Stomach Flatteners.

Worked in the PYTP Chest Routines.

Hank

Share |

02-10-2009, 02:15 PM

Week 5: Tuesday

Put in about a 40 minute workout integrating the PYTP chest routines again with my favorite cardio exercises.

TIVI: about 8 - 10 reps.

Was not as easy today to finish out the set. Had to take a WBT. But am consistenly able to hit 56, 57 around there without pausing on top--better known as a Whacky Baby Tip (WBT). I suppose to consistently hit 100 without pausing, will have to shoot for about 125.

Scissor Kicks: 32 sets of 1,2,3,4 .. 32,2,3,4
Making progress on these and am gradually increasing the reps.

Squats: 250 in 1 set
100 TB, 25 GG, 100 TB, 25 GG

Door Stretches: About a minute or so's worth of these.

Worked in the PYTP Chest Routines in between the cardio.

Mentioned the other day that I was going to post some of the dietary recommendations that I was using that appear to be working for me: (1) about 6 capsules of Molecular Distilled fish oil, and (2) one pot of Green Tea daily made with 2 tea bags.

I originally hoped that just doing 500 squats, 50 pushups, and a back bridge daily would take me down to where I wanted to be. Not the case. Did manage to lose about 18 pounds to around 178 lbs. And I've been at this for about 3 and a half years now. But it seems to go any further, you have to have the right diet. So have been trying to implement suggestions by other doctors (sane doctors) who follow basically the same exercise routines that I do.

Hank

Hank

Share |

02-11-2009, 04:10 PM

Week 5: Wednesday

TIVI: a few reps to loosen things up.

Back Furey Bridge:
Heels in the air, nose on the mat, 180 count.
Decided to do this first today.

Had to throw in a Whacky Baby Tip. Struggled to finish it up; but made it.

Squats: 500
490 Tiger Bend, 10 Great Gama Jumpers.

Did about 2 or 3 chest routines. And that's it.

Hank

Share |