Share |
M7 & Breathing

01-08-2010, 06:06 PM

I've been performing the M7 exercises each day and have noticed on the days when I up my tension levels that I tend to get quite winded during the session. I breath in on the initial movement and out on the return. I keep tension in both directions.

I've found that I sometimes will have breathed fully out or in before the movement is over so end up holding my breath until completion. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is this OK or should I either a) Lighten up on tension, b) Make the movements faster c) Wait longer between reps to catch my breath or d) Continue as is and hopefully my wind will improve over time.

I have noticed somewhat light-headed at times during the workout and just do deep breathing until it goes away.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

Share |

Banned

01-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Don't hold your breath, that can make your blood pressure go up and sounds like you could faint. Take that extra breath if you need it and exhale a second time if needed. I breath in deep to start and exhale on the return movement like you but men might have larger lungs simply because we are larger. Make sure you breath and don't hold your breath. This is transformetrics, you can modify it all, the main thing is keep it safe.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-08-2010, 07:52 PM

A good way to breath while performing the M7,is pretend your blowing out a candle..
purposefully be loud in your breathing when your breathing in and out.pretend like your
a /big bellow

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2010, 09:27 AM

Hey Jon,

seems to me you do not coordinate breathing with the movement. By that I mean that the movement should be finished by the time you in- or exhale. So my advice would be to go a bit faster on the movements. Let the breath determine the length of the movement, not the other way round. With time you will find your breathing capacity increase, so you can go slower in the movements.
Hope this helps,

Jan

Share |

Legacy Member

01-12-2010, 09:35 AM

Some really great advice here, one thing I'll as is to not be afraid to breath big. If people can hear you in the other room, you're doing it right!

-Joe

Share |

01-12-2010, 09:42 AM

All,

Thanks for all the great advice, I will work to follow through on this. I've really enjoyed doing the M7's in varying tensions and can tell my body is becoming fit. Doing them at the highest tension is where I tend to run out of breath, but in time, I'm sure that will improve. Until then I've been trying to ensure I get a full range of motion with how much I can breath in or out. But, I'll say this, when you use the highest tension you can, that is some workout. Whoever says you can't get winded just by tensing your muscles has never tried it!!

Jon

Share |

Tags
deep breathing, miracle 7, tiger moves