Share |
The Isometric Advantage

Author

06-29-2020, 07:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been having an ongoing discussion with a chiropractor about the extraordinary benefits of Isometric Contraction in the ongoing rehabilitation of a man that had been a weightlifter for many years but had severely injured his right shoulder, lower back, hips, and knees. The man is more than 20 years younger than I am at age 46 but has been a victim of chronic pain that has often kept him awake at night.

What this man has discovered through his chiropractor after 4 months of Isometrics is that he can contract his muscles to his absolute maximum at multiple points within any given range of motion and that his chronic pain has been greatly reduced. The question I have been asked is "Why?"

Answer: The reason for extreme strength increase without pain is because the Isometric Contractions are static and allow for one to contract the muscles directly at any given angle within a range of motion but do not put the same kind of stress on any given joint in the same way that gravity-based exercises do as when one is moving weights. As a result, one is able to directly strengthen the muscle tissue without causing trauma to one's joints. In this particular man's case, he has been developing exceptional strength in his muscles that literally removes the wear and tear of gravitational stress on his joints. Just four months ago he was in a world of pain because he had not been able to exercise for the past three years and as a result, his weakened muscles were heavy on his joints and lower back now his muscles are supportively removing the effects of the gravity on his joints. I did caution him with a message from Jack King though, I told his chiropractor to tell him that even though he is now feeling strong and pain-free that he needs to resist the temptation to start lifting weights because he would be back in a world of pain just like Jack King.

---John Peterson

Share |