Share |
No Cure for Osteoporosis--Bull Roar!!!

Author

01-17-2020, 02:05 PM

Hello Friends,

From time to time I receive e-mails from guys that want to take exception to everything I state or that we (collectively) have to say on our forum. For some bizarre reason that I cannot understand these guys seem to think that they need to set me straight. Why they follow what is posted on our forum I cannot understand. Seriously, why would they even bother? Such was the case earlier today. A guy claiming to be a healthcare professional wrote me a long diatribe claiming that Osteoporosis cannot be effectively reversed once it has manifested. But that it can only be checked and put a person in a holding pattern. He especially takes exception to everything promoted by Dr. John Jaquish. Even stating that Dr. Jaquish is not a "doctor' but a charlatan.

My response to this guy is "BULL ROAR!!!"

While it is true that of late we have had quite a number of very positive posts about a man that I greatly admire by the name of Dr.John Jaquish, it is also true that Jaquish has developed a highly effective protocol to reverse the effects of osteoporosis.

Osteoporosis, which literally means porous bone, is a disease in which the density and quality of bone are reduced. As bones become more porous and fragile, the risk of fracture is greatly increased. Unfortunately, for the vast majority of people (especially post-menopausal women), the loss of bone occurs silently and progressively. As such, there are often no symptoms until the first fracture occurs.

What makes Dr. Jaqiuish's discovery so extraordinary is that it is well known that a certain amount of weight-bearing exercise is necessary to prevent osteoporosis. However, once osteoporosis has been discovered (in the vast majority of women) it is at a point in which all weight-bearing have to be reassessed due to the fact that it can cause further trauma to already fragile bones. This is where Dr. Jaquish's brilliance comes to the fore. Through his careful application of Isometric Contraction, he has demonstrated that osteoporosis can not only be effectively treated but actually reversed.

Also, note, the guy that wrote me was really going after Isometric Contraction stating that it has no positive effect on bone health. My response. BULL ROAR!!! Through a carefully applied program of Isometrics and nutritional supplementation, Osteoporosis can be effectively reversed as will become more and more evident as scientific research will prove. One reason Isometric contraction is a major part of the answer is because it allows progressive strengthening without relying on gravitational resistance.

Consider This:

Quote:
Isometric progressive resistive exercise for osteoporosis.
Swezey RL1, Swezey A, Adams J.
Author information
Erratum in

J Rheumatol 2000 Dec;27(12):2946-7.

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

To assess the effect of site-specific resistive isometric exercises on muscle strengthening of 10 muscle groups over 2 months. A second study measured bone alkaline phosphatase (ALP) as a marker of bone formation and bone resorption [urine deoxypyridinoline (D-Pyr) crosslinks] in a similar cohort.
METHODS:

Twenty postmenopausal Caucasian women aged 56 to 69 yrs (mean 61) on a stable or no medication regimen for the previous 6 months participated in the initial exercise cohort. Twenty-one women ages 52-69 (mean 62) participated in the second cohort. All women had osteopenia (DXA T less than -1.0) or osteoporosis (DXA T less than -2.5). An inflatable ball with attached nonelastic straps provided progressive resistance. Exercises consisted of a 5 s maximum contraction against progressively increasing resistance of the ball or nonelastic straps. Muscle-strengthening was measured by a hand held dynamometer at 0, 4, and 8 weeks. Twenty women completed 8 weeks of the initial study and 21 women completed the second study.
RESULTS:

Muscles showing increased strength in the first cohort were neck extensors (p < 0.04), hand grips (p < 0.02), elbow flexors (p < 0.05), quadriceps (p < 0.04), trunk extensors (p > 0.05, not significant = NS). Elbow extensors were purposely not exercised (as a control) and showed no significant strength increase. In the second cohort, increased muscle strength was measured in the neck extensors (p < 0.001), trunk extensors (p < 0.001), and left quadriceps (p < 0.024); and bone ALP increased (p < 0.05), with no change detected in bone resorption (urine D-Pyr).
CONCLUSION:

Brief progressively resisted isometric exercises for 10 min daily are an adequate stimulus for muscle strengthening of the neck, back, upper and lower extremities, and are capable of enhancing bone formation measured by bone ALP.

While the article above from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10813298 is in no way definitive and is more than 20 years old, it does suggest that Isometrics can have a very positive benefit for those suffering the effects of osteoporosis. Dr. Jaquish and his research team have obviously discovered the answer and have been creating clinics in major population centers to deal with the issue.

One other thing, (and this made me laugh) was this guy's (the guy that wrote me) insistence that Dr. Jaquish is a weightlifter and steroid abuser and in no way could have developed the extraordinary level of muscle mass that he has as the result of his own 10-minute daily bodybuilding system. Believe me, when someone goes so far out of his way to criticize another, it only shows his own inferiority because he is discovering that everything he thought was right and believed, may, in fact, be wrong. in this instance, Dr. Jaquish's bodybuilding method proves that the party line is not the only way to achieve the extraordinary and in fact, maybe counter-productive to achieving it.

---John Peterson

Share |