Share |
Isometric Stabilization Benefits...

Author

02-19-2019, 03:20 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have often been asked about how to increase the benefits of Iso-Dynamic Exercises such as Tiger Moves.

One way that I know of that can make them considerably more intense if you feel you need or want them to be is to wear a weight vest. Some time ago I had started wearing a weight vest when performing my morning DVR series and also while performing my Power Belt Isometrics.

The reason that I started to do so was that I was aware that it would force me to practice deep costal breathing. After adjusting to it I never really thought twice about it until yesterday when Doc Thompson stopped by for a refresher course on Tiger Moves. I put on my 52-pound weight vest and handed him a 32-pound vest. We did not get to the end of the series of the first three exercises #1) The Full Range Pectoral Contraction (Barrel Squeeze) #2) Deltoid Roll #3) Wrist Twist, before he said, "I need to take this off. My traps are killing me and It's too hard to breathe." He then looked at me and said, "You act like it's nothing." To which I responded, "I feel my muscles contracting against it with every exercise and that's why I wear it."

There is a reason I am telling you this.

I believe that using a weight vest can increase the benefits of Iso-Dynamic DVR exercises due to the forced costal breathing that happens as a direct result of having the weight placed directly over your chest and shoulders front and back. It also makes it far more difficult to complete the exercises themselves. I personally like the feeling of a snug weight vest because I can feel my Pectorals, Upper Back, Deltoids, Trapezius, Latissimus, Intercostals, and Spinal Erectors powerfully contracting on each of the three exercises of the first group that includes #1) Barrel Squeeze, #2) Deltoid Roll #3)Wrist Twist. as well as the last four that include #4) The High reach #5) Pull-Down #6) The Stomach Roll #7) Knee Bend. In fact, wearing the vest will make you far more aware of which muscles are performing which function. Wearing it will cause a strong 'Isometric Effect' due to the muscles being worked just to maintain upright balance.

One other detail is that I had completely forgotten about these added benefits because it felt so normal to me. Nonetheless, I want to assure you that performing the standard series of 7 Tiger Moves will become a great deal more intense for you, at least at first, as a result of adding this 'Isometric Stabilization' component to all of your exercises. One other benefit is that it does not require additional time.

---John Peterson

Share |

02-20-2019, 07:58 AM

That would necessitate excellent posture as well. If you use that much weight with bad posture, it will wreck your back!!

Share |

02-20-2019, 08:22 AM

John, Iíve never worn a weight vest. I took a look on Amazon. There are a great many styles and weights. Some are advertised for runners, some for weightlifters and many carry no particular designation. Can you recommend a style or even a brand that works for the exercises we do? Thanks.

Share |

Author

02-20-2019, 04:40 PM

Hey Friends,

At weightvest.com they have an excellent selection.

If you were to wear it while out for a walk and maintaining perfect posture you would be giving your muscles an exceptional workout. This is especially true as relates to your intercostals and the muscles surrounding the abdomen. Performing 'the sweep' in each direction is truly amazing.

---John Peterson

Share |

02-20-2019, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! Is there any way to know what weight to get to start? Should it be a % of your bodyweight? Granted yours is something you've worked up to. And, you mentioned a 32# vest was very challenging for Doc. I'm interested in the M7 with the vest. That sounds really interesting. But, I have no idea what I'm getting into here.

Share |

Author

02-21-2019, 11:35 AM

Hello No Bite,

I think 32 pounds is a perfect weight. You don't need more than that to accomplish the benefits as you will see.

The reason I use 52 pounds is because I use it for a single set of 100> of the Atlas Balance Squats. That is my cardio along with bench stepping and my heart, lungs, and legs are in fantastic shape because of it that in combination with Isometrics.

Also, don't even think in terms the percentage of body weight. It really doesn't matter because you'll see that 32 pounds will take the M7 and Push-Ups , Lunges, Squats, Sweeps and 'Good Mornings' to an entirely new level. truth to tell, there are many days that I use a 32 pound vest myself when I do a higher volume of M7 and perform 3 X 20 reps following Dr. Morehouse's guideline for sculpting exercises. I'll explain that on another thread.

Performing the M7 with just 10 pounds to start will be a great staring place.

---John Peterson

Share |

02-22-2019, 02:14 AM

The weight vest sounds like a good idea. I've also used high resistance hand grippers held tightly closed while performing the tiger moves/DVR routine in PYTP which can be pretty intense as well. The combination of both would probably burn me out.

Share |

02-22-2019, 07:30 PM

I'm saving my money for the book and belt. No weight vest for me. Only days away me thinks!

Share |

Banned

02-23-2019, 09:14 PM

I'm with you, ware. Finally, after all this time we will be able to put into practice all that John's been teaching. To think, we will be the first to learn from The Man who has nailed Isometrics as none others ever have. No one else has ever even comes close!

Credit card at the ready!

Share |

Author

02-24-2019, 01:58 PM

Hello Artie,

And Everyone else.

To write:
Quote:
"To think, we will be the first to learn from The Man who has nailed Isometrics as none others ever have. No one else has ever even comes close!"
Is so hilarious that only an ego maniac could appreciate it.

The results achievable with Isometric Contraction are completely dependent on one's own level of motivation and application. With the isometric Power Belt I can show you how to duplicate each and every angle that one would achieve with weights or machines so that one can go to his absolute maximum safely without having anything fall back on them when they reach a point of momentary muscular failure. BUT the results are dependent on personal motivation and there are idiots that are just waiting for me to release my power belt so that they can say that what I am teaching doesn't work. BUT the truth is that IF Isometrics are applied the way I teach people would be blown away by the results they would achieve in a fraction of the time.

At present, I currently have two more individuals working with me to test my belt and it's application to KNOW whether or not the Power Belt and exercises with it are as exceptional as I believe them to be before I release it to the general public,

That statement above, "To think, we will be the first to learn from The Man who has nailed Isometrics as none others ever have. No one else has ever even comes close!"..is so absurd that all I could do is laugh and if you come across anyone that tells you that...be sure to run like hell. The only person that I can say that I have nailed Isometrics and its application FOR---IS ME. THAT I HAVE DONE. Everyone will have to do the same because one's results will be dependent on one's own level of motivation and NO ONE CAN GIVE THAT TO YOU BUT YOU!

Coach James Baley was right when he told me, "Isometrics aren't for everyone. That is especially true for lazy bastards that want something for nothing. They whine and complain to me that they can't get results with isometrics and I write them back and tell then that they didn't get results from weights or calisthenics either because they're too damn lazy."

---John Peterson

Share |