Share |
Isometric Power Revolution--what a great book

12-10-2009, 01:13 AM

I know that much of the excitement is about G.U.T.S. right now on the forum, and I'm looking forward to getting my own copy soon and starting this program. But tonight I blew off the dust from Isometric Power Revolution, and began to read it again.

I first did 10 power breaths, and it felt pretty good, but then I did exercise A of all the Classic Isometric Contractions, and I knew I was home again. This is some great stuff folks. It's amazing what this kind of exercise does for one's sense of strength and power in the world, especially when practiced with focused intent. For some reason, isometrics and DVRs especially call to me, perhaps because of the "nerve force" required and developed through these practices. I'm so glad to have found this new take on classic physical culture.

I fell off the wagon before, but I'm glad to be back on Transformetrics. My body is not quite in the shape it used to be, but I intend to cultivate health and strength with these wonderful methods again---and this time with more patience and persistence.

Share |

12-10-2009, 01:53 AM

"Isometric Power Revolution" is a classic and will never be duplicated

Share |

12-10-2009, 02:37 AM

Hi Duff,

IPR is a classic. The chapter on Power Breathing is worth the price of the book alone. I started applying Power Breathing between rounds of exercise and it really increased my stamina.

Keep up the good work!

B38

Share |

Legacy Member

12-10-2009, 06:32 AM

You are so right Duff,b38,and Gordon!

Every book John writes is immediately,
THE CLASSIC, in the field!

IPR has so many jewels on each page.The Power Breathing I do every morning before I even get out of bed.It sets the tone for the entire day!

peace,
jason

Share |

12-10-2009, 07:18 AM

I do the same, Jason. At this time of the year it's pitch dark when I wake up, it's only beginning to get light by the time I leave at 8:00 am, and it's so hard to wake up and get going, esp if I'm underslept. Power breathing has become the difference between getting up energised or hitting the snooze 15 times & ending up rushing like an eejit and still being late! That's no way to start the day!

Share |

Tags
books, isometrics