Share |
John, do you believe in the bible....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Author

03-13-2019, 09:38 AM

Hello Men,

Lion King asked me what I think about the Gospel of Thomas. Do I think it is real?

Answer: Yes, I certainly think it could be do and I have my reasons for it. This is also true of other books that were removed. BUT this is something I will teach about on the Youtube channel.

Before I go any further, I am going to state that there were/are many books that were excluded from the canon (official list of books to be included in the Bible) of Holy Scriptures or later removed by those with a political agenda.(Once again, I am as well versed in scripture as I am in true Physical Culture if somebody really wants to argue either of these topics with me...l'll say nothing more...decide for yourself how well they'd do against me.)

Nonetheless let me give you a quick lesson to prove my point. The book of Enoch was removed from the canon of scripture and I believe that it absolutely belongs in the Bible. Why? Because it is quoted by Jude, Peter and Jesus Himself. YES!!! You read that correctly...by JESUS Himself.

Where: Matthew 22: 23-33

Quote:
23 The same day Sadducees came to him, who say that there is no resurrection, and they asked him a question, 24 saying, “Teacher, Moses said, ‘If a man dies having no children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for his brother.’ 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first married and died, and having no offspring left his wife to his brother. 26 So too the second and third, down to the seventh. 27 After them all, the woman died. 28 In the resurrection, therefore, of the seven, whose wife will she be? For they all had her.”

29 But Jesus answered them,“You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.31 And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 And when the crowd heard it, they were astonished at his teaching.

The verses I have underlined above, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven."is not found in the canon of scripture that currently exists. Jesus was literally quoting from the the Book of Enoch (Enoch15: 1-6). I can also site other scriptures where Jesus and other new testament writers make reference to other 'scripture'. Bottom line: Jesus referred to Enoch as scripture and the information about those that are immortal not marrying or being given in marriage is only found in Enoch. I also have a long list of other scriptures that are referred to but not found in the current canon of scripture.
NOTE: This is just one example. I will not allow the prognosticators of gloom, doom, disaster and judgement get away with their fear mongering. God has called us to faith and blessing and I have the scriptures to prove it.

---John Peterson

Share |