Share |
VIDEO: 20 Foot Rope Climb

Legacy Member

08-27-2009, 07:05 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, friends and neighbors, can we all agree that a 20 foot rope climb is a pretty good demonstration of functional fitness?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

This is a 1 and 1/4" nylon rope I got from a local marina. It was pretty tough finding rope in my area, but we're a river city and this is the stuff they use to tie up barges. I bought this piece of rope about two months ago. When I hung it up, I could tell my arms were strong enough buy my grip was too weak to get far. So for about six weeks I focused on the Power T's, chins, towel pull-ups, isometrics and a lot of the wrist and forearm exercises in PYTP. In that time I didn't even try to climb the rope. I went back to it about two weeks ago, climbing once a day for two weeks was all I needed to get to the top. I think those two weeks were really just about getting the coordination down.

Physical challenges don't really intimidate me much anymore, once I set my mind to something, I know I can get it in a matter of time. Not too bad for someone who just two years ago could barely do one chin-up

-Joe

Share |

08-27-2009, 07:21 PM

Joe, That is really impressive. Gordon

Share |

08-27-2009, 09:51 PM

Great job Joe, inspiring to all of us who can't do that yet.

Jon

Share |

Legacy Member

08-27-2009, 10:00 PM

Joe,

Good stuff – good job. You made it look easy any chance you’ll try a 40 ft climb?

GB

Share |

Author

08-27-2009, 11:00 PM

Joe,

It would be a lie to say I am even remotely surprised. But you made it look very easy my friend.Great job.

---John Peterson

Share |

08-28-2009, 12:20 AM

Great job, Joe. Thanks for letting us see what 20 feet up there looks like. Yeah, in the end it was the grip thing. What next?

Tom

Share |

08-28-2009, 01:21 AM

Awesome work Joe!!!

Share |

Banned

08-28-2009, 04:17 AM

Outstanding and impressive job, Joe. This video is a testimonial to effectiveness of the program you are doing. As stated before, Transformetric exercises produce big time functional fitness results. When ever someone asks me what do I mean by functional fitness, I direct them to your videos. More than just posing for muscle mags, Transformetrics produces results which truely take a person to the next level. And don't point out outstanding athletes who train one way or another, show me real improvement. Here is a guy who couldn't do one pull up two years ago and now can out perform most Special Forces unit members, Firefighters and Police Officers. That's what you get from Transformetrics.

Share |

Legacy Member

08-28-2009, 05:14 AM

Hey, thanks everybody! Glad you enjoyed it.

For the record, yesterday morning I weighted 188lbs. The tree limb is actually right at 18 feet off the ground, when I bough the rope I didn't think add a few feet for tying it up! D'oh!. But it worked out okay, because leaving the rope a few feet off the ground made it impossible to use my legs to get started. I think I can make it several more feet with no problem, you can tell at the end of the video I'm no where from out of gas when I get to the bottom. Now a 40 foot climb? Not yet.

I guess the L-Sit is the next big challenge. L-Sits are freakin' tough!! I'll probably going work on doing multiple climbs next. I'm also thinking of hanging another rope and doing some two rope climbs. One day I'm going to have a bunch or ropes back there and everyone can start calling me Tarzan!

-Joe

Share |

08-28-2009, 05:35 AM

That was great Joe.

Aaron

Share |

Tags
joe justice, video