Share |
Is Your Food "Doping" You?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Author

01-09-2019, 03:37 PM

Hello Everyone,

I was sent an article about an extraordinary athlete that was accused of "doping' and stripped of his gold medal. The cause it turns out was a plate of liver he had to celebrate his victory. Seriously, he was not doping but had traces of trenbolone in his urine that was caused by food he had consumed.

Here's the article: http://www.fox5ny.com/news/90-year-old-rider.

Significant quote from article:

"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency informed Grove that traces of trenbolone, an anabolic steroid used by U.S. cattle farmers to bulk up livestock, were detected in a urine sample he gave at the U.S. Masters Track National Championships in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania, last July, where the field's oldest competitor again added to his collection of titles, setting times faster than men in their 80s, 70s and even 60s. He was stripped of his gold medal in the pursuit - the day he tested positive - but kept two others."

The reason I posted the link to the article was to underscore that this man did not have a clue that the food he was consuming would cause him to test positive for steroids....BUT IT DID. Very seriously, I would not be the least bit surprised to discover that more and more people would test positive for steroids due to the contamination of the food they eat without them having the slightest knowledge of it. And YES, that includes YOU and I, Kemosabe.

---John Peterson

Share |