Share |
VIDEO: Want to strengthen your entire upper body?

Legacy Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nathan

09-19-2009, 06:42 AM

Great Video Joe! I look forward to seeing you next one!

---Nate

Jesus Christ

Share |

Banned

09-19-2009, 06:43 AM

Don't know about fashion, but the workout videos are great. Other forums are picking up on it and many people are giving positive comments on your conditioning program. Keep the videos coming, we are all getting some great tips. I like the outdoor workout aspect for your program, it gets back to the old Atlas formula but takes it into the 21st Century. By using an unstable base, such as the logs and rope to raise the legs, you have combined the Atlas III with modern CORE ball workouts. To design these exercises, where do you get the ideas from?

Share |

Author

09-19-2009, 09:10 AM

Joe My Friend,

You do me and all of your friends here proud. Great videos my friend. You personify what it means to become your own best personal trainer. And I hope everyone that watches this latest episode notices that the entire musculature is challenged when performing Atlas III Push-Ups and then following it with a rope climb like that takes true functional strength to an extraordinarily high level. Few men could do what you demonstrate Joe. It's obvious from watching your execution of the exercises that you have complete confidence in your abilities. Congratulations on a superb video Joe.

---John Peterson

P.S. Hey guys, with Atlas III Push-Ups our feet are elevated considerably above our hands. In my case I use two 12" boxes for my hands and elevate my feet on a 24" box or higher. In Joe's video he is using an incredibly steep angle and is performing the exercise in exceptionally good form.Especially considering that he has the added difficulty of performing the exercise in a less than stable environment. Try it friends and you will see just exactly what I mean about Joe's exceptional form.

Now The Atlas II is when we have hands and feet at the same level so that we are is a standard push-up position but have the added benefit of performing an extended range of motion

Share |

Legacy Member

09-19-2009, 10:19 AM

DT Man,

Bottom line is, I just try to have fun. I try to find exercises that are fun to do and challenging and I find what I'm doing much more productive and compelling than sitting in a gym curling dumbbells or running on a treadmill for an hour.

It's all about enjoying what you do and when you enjoy it you'll stick with it and experiment with it.

-Joe

Share |

09-19-2009, 11:59 AM

As for the slippage, have you considered gymnastic chalk? It will give you added safety and confidence - maybe one more foot higher. It doesn't take much chalk.

Tom

Share |

09-19-2009, 01:17 PM

Indoor trainers can easily make a "suspended pushup platform" in a doorway. Indoor rope climbing is obviously not so easy to rig up.

Share |

Legacy Member

09-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Joe,

Great stuff, keep em coming. What could be next?

GB

Share |

09-20-2009, 06:36 AM

I'm hope that Joe makes a vid. showing some creative ways of using a Power Belt.

Share |

09-20-2009, 07:42 PM

I really like the outdoor - natural - Ewok gym you have there! Very cool!

Share |

Legacy Member

09-20-2009, 09:21 PM

Joe, your video is great as well as all of your other videos, How long did it take you to master climbing a rope? That is one thing that I have always wanted to be able to do, I can knockout 15-18 pull-ups, but cant climb a rope, any secrets or tips you can give me? I know that gripping strength has a lot to do with it, but any tips would be great, keep on bringing on the videos, they are great.thank you.

Share |

Tags
joe justice, video