Share |
VIDEO: Certified He-Man: Episode 2

11-03-2009, 08:29 AM

Joe
Consider establishing a He-Man forum. Your well presented videos can inspire & create extrapolations worthy of discussions. In any case, thanks for the videos & consider makin' more

Share |

Banned

11-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Great Videos Joe.! I constructed one in my back yard after watching the video and it is an intense workout. I even used two logs like yours for Atlas II Push ups. The suspended platform and unstable hand supports require the utmost concentration. I built two levels on mine and start with Atlas Push ups, then Atlas II pushups on the first rung and Atlas III Push Ups on the third. In all, I call the routine "The Circuit of Justice" in honor of the designer.
Once again, Great work!

Share |

11-04-2009, 09:07 AM

Try the "Double Justice" ; set up 2 suspension device at different levels; grab one with your hands & the other with your feet

Share |

Legacy Member

11-05-2009, 08:54 AM

Yes, yes, yes... I know it's a trapeze, and I might have even called it that if you wouldn't have brought it up! As it stands, it's an Adjustable Exercise Bar (Patent Pending), so deal with it!!!

Hey, I'm really glad you guys get a kick out of the videos! Please feel free to share them with others, my aim is and always has been to make my exercise videos very fun and approachable (as far as you can approach a video). I'm not in any kind of competition to be Internet Badass Of The Year, I'm more interested in helping people who might be intimidated by exercise to get up and move their bodies a little bit. The key to that is having fun and not being too complex. Simple is powerful and fun is... well, fun!

The idea of having multiple poles is a really good one! I'd not thought of that, but there's a lot of potential in that idea. I also like "The Circuit of Justice"... I like it so much I'll probably end up stealing it sometime down the road!

I've always been pretty good with knots, I wasn't a Boy Scout, I was a Royal Ranger, which was a church based group very similar to Boy Scouts. This simple version of the clove hitch is the was I always teach boys at first. I can also tie a bowline with one hand. Top that!

I use Adobe Premiere for all of my editing. Any time I do compositing work I use Adobe After Effects and all of my 3D stuff is done in Lightwave3D. One of these days I'm going to incorporate some effects into one of my videos so you guys can see the kind of stuff I do for a living, but it takes a lot of time and time is one thing I'm always running out of!

-Joe

Share |

11-05-2009, 09:43 AM

I hope Mr Video(Joe J) will create a demo of a "gymnastic ring" type device. 2 handle devices allow for increased planes of motion esp. when you make a handle that accommodates both hand & foot holds.

I've experimented with several easily configured,worthy(?) versions of suspension gizmos including a pocketsized one for "road ninjas"

Share |

11-05-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJustice View Post
.... I can also tie a bowline with one hand...
-Joe
I'd love to see a video of that!

Kula

Share |

Legacy Member

11-07-2009, 11:54 AM

Hey Joe,

I finally had some time to watch your videos. Great stuff. One thing I would like to mention though. The eye bolts screwed into a floor joyce are a no no. They won't hold; especially a person's bodyweight. This was how I always used to secure my 70 lb heavy bag years ago in the downstairs of my gym and it wouldn't hold. Eventually it would pull out.

Greg

Share |

Legacy Member

11-07-2009, 03:26 PM

Gotta disagree with you there, Greg. Maybe with a heavy bag moving around so much it'll come out, but if you use an eyescrew dead center in the joist, it'll hold. I'll cite millions of porch swings as my evidence. Drill a pilot hole first, to prevent the wood from splintering and to be sure you screw it straight, directly in the center. Then screw the eyescrew in.

-Joe

Share |

Legacy Member

11-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Yeah,

I guess all those powerful spinning sidekicks I used to throw did it in. LOL

Share |

11-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Joe,

You hit another one out of the park with this latest Certified He Man Video.

Now can you show me how to tie a Sheepshank knot? LOL

All the Best.

B38

Share |

Tags
certified he-man, joe justice, video