Share |
Alexander Zass-Video Clip

Banned

08-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Benny the thing that impressed me is not that Zass was being struck by sledge hammers on the stomach, but that he maintained a plank position and was only supported by his the back of his head/neck and calfs as they pounded away. Being pounded on by sledge hammers is astounding but the man was strong!

John those bad boys that use to be on the forum are pitiful, a 55 year old man living in his mom's basement, being supported by his parents is just sad. At least they should get a job, Walmart needs bag boys. Wiley E. Coyotes don't be to proud to work!

Share |

08-05-2010, 11:30 PM

If you have never done iron bending, you may not realize what a tough ab workout that is. My stomach hurt just watching him bend the bar.

If you'd like to know what I'm referring to, get some rebar and go at it.

Disclosure: I am not an iron bender but I have messed with it. I understand Benny is.

Tom

Share |

Legacy Member

08-06-2010, 06:22 AM

Whoah Men,

I couldn't even tell you who made that comment about Zass, or even if it was one of the Woo Woo boys. Whoever it was, they didn't stick around, but the comment stuck with me. However, I do believe an explanation is in order.

Zass did not look like a bodybuilder. He was muscular, but not with the thin skinned vascularity you started seeing from the sixties on. He also didn't have any superfluous muscle like a bodybuilder; muscle for muscles sake. Zass had very well developed abdominals. His slight stomach girth was from developing his abdominals for feats of strength. In other words, he thickened the abdominal muscles for bending and twisting. It gave him additional strength and leverage.

Greg Newton

Share |

11-09-2010, 09:32 AM

Hey Greg!

Always great to read your posts.

Let me notice something according to the issue "great physique" and "functional looking musculature"...

Your physique is almost identical to Charles Atlas!!
Great pose!!

Share |

Legacy Member

11-09-2010, 10:39 AM

Thanks Reader!

A lot of people don't think much of Atlas' physique today, but I take that as a compliment. I believe he had a rare blend of grace and beauty to his physique you find totally lacking in the bodybuilder look. I am the same height, roughly the same weight and have a similar shape. Plus, I train like he did. I sure didn't look like this when I lifted weights.

Greg Newton

Share |