Share |
Alexander Zass-Video Clip

08-05-2010, 12:22 AM

Man this guy is strong!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Share |

Banned

08-05-2010, 09:33 AM

Those sledge hammer's are good for his digestion lol! Great video.

Share |

Legacy Member

08-05-2010, 10:04 AM

Great video Ali! I remember when M-7 came out a few years ago, a former forum member snidely commented that he wasn't impressed with the pictures of Zass' physique. But Zass, at about 5-5, had a symmetrical, muscular physique. He was a little thick in the waist, but that was muscle developed for strong man stunts, not fat. He just didn't have the overdevelopment of the modern bodybuilders from the late fifties on, which had more to do with steroids than training.

Zass developed his physique and his great strength from pulling chains isometrically, much like you would with Bronze Bow's Isometric Power Belt. Within your genetic somatype, by using the Power Belt in the same manner Zass did, you would develop way beyond average strength compared to your bodyweight and you would develop a lean, lithe, muscular look.

Greg Newton

Share |

Author

08-05-2010, 10:06 AM

Hey Guys,

I loved it! But before any of you lays down and allows someone to use a sledge hammer anywhere near your midsection please be certain that your abs can take it and most importantly that the men with the sledge hammers are 100% accurate. Believe me, if they are not you could end up singing soprano for the rest of your life. And no friends, I am not exaggerating.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bennyb

08-05-2010, 10:26 AM

When it comes down to it Alexander Zass is by far one of the strongest guys who ever lived before or since. Most guys back in that era would kill for a physique like hisand more importantly the strength he possesed. As a strongman myself I'm always finding ways to mold myself after some of the oldtime strongmen. Not that i'll be winning any physique contests anytime soon and I would never compare myself to those guys. We are our own man who posseses different strengths, example a man like Zass, I cannot fathom getting hit w. a sledgehammer to the midsection. I rather rip a phonebook in a wrestlers bridge then do that. For whoever says that zass' physique wasn't as good they are lying or just dont get it. Back then the healthiest people were the men and women of physical culture and if you had a great physique you were also strong and healthy as oppose to todays standards when a powerful looking physique does not measure perfect health. If at best Zass could not measure the physiques of today but his strength could never be measured by the bodybuilers of today plain and simple.

Share |

08-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Back then the healthiest people were the men and women of physical culture and if you had a great physique you were also strong and healthy as oppose to todays standards when a powerful looking physique does not measure perfect health.
That's well-put. So many of today's bodybuilders are profoundly unhealthy people.

Share |

Author

08-05-2010, 01:38 PM

Hey Friends,

I could not agree more with what has been posted. One thing that I would like to draw everyone's attention to is the fact that if you look at the video, Zass did not have the kind of leg development that results from squatting heavy weights. Far from it. Zass had a beautiful and symmetrical development that was both very athletic and artistically pleasing with perfect proportions.

---John Peterson

Share |

08-05-2010, 02:27 PM

" I don't believe in big muscles unless they are backed by great tendon strength."

Alexander Zass

Share |

Legacy Member

08-05-2010, 02:38 PM

Greg wrote:
Quote:
a former forum member snidely commented that he wasn't impressed with the pictures of Zass' physique. But Zass, at about 5-5, had a symmetrical, muscular physique. He was a little thick in the waist
Hey...so am I.

We all can't be 29" like John !

Share |

Author

08-05-2010, 05:07 PM

Hey Friends,

IsoRez eluded to what Greg Newton had written but let me quote him:

"Great video Ali! I remember when M-7 came out a few years ago, a former forum member snidely commented that he wasn't impressed with the pictures of Zass' physique. But Zass, at about 5-5, had a symmetrical, muscular physique. He was a little thick in the waist, but that was muscle developed for strong man stunts, not fat. He just didn't have the overdevelopment of the modern bodybuilders from the late fifties on, which had more to do with steroids than training.

Zass developed his physique and his great strength from pulling chains isometrically, much like you would with Bronze Bow's Isometric Power Belt. Within your genetic somatype, by using the Power Belt in the same manner Zass did, you would develop way beyond average strength compared to your bodyweight and you would develop a lean, lithe, muscular look."

Greg Newton

First off, I'm not even remotely surprised that a "a former forum member snidely commented that he wasn't impressed with the pictures of Zass' physique." After all, there is a reason we got rid of these degenerate types that are former members and not current. Truth is, they simply were anti-social deviants that had nothing positive to offer anyone and were constantly trying to drag everyone else down to the gutter where they were and are. None of them had any business being here.

Now as for me, I for one am totally impressed with the Zass physique. It was totally and completely functional like that of Charles Atlas. Zass had an incredible physique in my opinion. And get this, he and the Mighty Atom could duplicate most of each others extraordinary feats of strength. Both of these men were 64 inches tall according to strength historian David P Willoughby in his book, "The Super Athletes". Both men could bend bars, break chains, and bite through both spikes and chains. I can't help but believe that both men had extraordinary leverage as well super human strength of muscle. tendons, bones, and especially NERVES. From what I can determine the type of strength these men exhibited cannot be developed in any other way than Isometrics.

Let me also state that what Greg says about the Power Belt is totally true. Had Zass used our Power Belt it would have challenged him to a higher level due to the fact that it would have required over eight thousand pounds of force to break. Am I saying that he could not have? NO WAY! After all, if you would have told me that a man could bite through a chain without breaking his teeth I would have said that it was impossible...AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN WRONG!

---John Peterson

Share |