Share |
My experiment with just Pullups, Pushups & Milo

Legacy Member

03-17-2011, 01:47 AM

Hi All,

For the past 7-10 days I have ben experimenting with just training with the following:-

Pullups (on my TotalGym)
Chins (TotaGym)
Pushups with feet elevated (doing the half pushups that John recommended).
Milo

I've been doing the pullups/chins in pyramid fashion to get higher numbers.

Basically since I haven't been training a lot for a while I thought I'd slowly work up to doing a bigger workout 3-4 times a week (perhaps daily), so to avoid injury I just decided on those 3 exercises.

For the first few days I did them daily, not high numbers of anything, but did a few of each in order to get my body used to it. Then last week I did 2 workouts aiming for higher numbers (high for me anyway lol).

Last week I did the two workouts and this week I've done one (tonight will be my second) and all I can say is I'm very pleased with the results.

My WHOLE body is feeling it! I don't know how but even my legs were aching that bad the other day it was hard to walk up the stairs. Whats even better is that my shoulder feels so much better (I've been sufferering with it for a long time!!), to be honest it feels 95% healed - the only time it aches now is after a hard day at work, and that pain is a fraction of what it used to be.

My Triceps, chest and lats are rock hard (and ache all the time - but that nice ache that you get after a workout). My forearms feel like stone.

Next week I'm going to add hindu squats back into the workouts as I need to lose some fat around my waist and maybe even some dips (on my olympic rings), but apart from that I'm going to keep my workouts like that for a while. Simple and effective.

Will keep you all posted

- Kenpopaul

Share |

03-17-2011, 05:46 AM

Keep patience buddy . . . !!!
Results will show up , as there is nothing abrupt or sudden can happen . You need to keep patience .

Share |

Legacy Member

03-17-2011, 11:52 AM

I've been very patient, I've been slowly working up to doing proper workouts for 2 years now whilst my shoulder has been healing (mainly doing the M7 - with some long lay offs), so patience isn't really an issue.

Share |

03-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Wow! :-D

How long do you need to finish your workout?
I've great results with push-ups and chin-ups alone, too!!

Best regards!

Share |

Legacy Member

03-17-2011, 05:29 PM

Sounds like a great workout, Great idea throwing in the hindu squats also, they will really help kick start your metabolism, keep us posted on your progress.

Share |