Share |
Observations from a noob

03-22-2010, 10:01 PM

Hello everyone. I have been working with the miracle seven program for about two weeks now, here are my observations.

Firstly, the most interesting part to me is the ability to actually work the muscle through a full range of motion. For example, when lifting weights, one can do a preacher curl or a concentration curl to get load on the biceps while the arm is extended (in the preacher curl) or bent (in the concentration curl). DVR eliminates the need for multiple exercises in that respect - if I pay attention and concentrate, I can work both extremes.

Secondly, like many former heavy weightlifter, my external shoulder rotator muscles are weaker than my internal shoulder rotators, the result of too many years of heavy benching and the difficulty of working the external rotators through a full range of motion with weights. This problem is entirely eliminated with the shoulder roll and the wrist twist - the entire motion hits the rotator cuff muscles, and does it in synchronization with the larger muscles groups !

As result, the level of shoulder pain that I feel is already receding. at 40 years old and after trying everything I could to fix the problem, this is the first thing that actually works. If this continues, and I have no reason to think that it wont, I could actually be pain free, a miracle for someone my age with my history of injuries.

My vanity is also being indulged here. My muscles are getting much more solid and dense, and their shape seems to be changing a bit, but it will take some time to see if that is actually happening or is my imagination

Personally, Ive always enjoyed intense strength training. I spent years following a Mentzer type high intensity lifting protocol, and it worked for adding size and raw strength. But it also left me with limited ranges of motion to use that strength, unbalanced development, and joint problems. It also taxed the ability of my body to recuperate too much to allow any real cardio training. Which leads to my last point. An important aspect of healing injuries and getting nutrients to muscles has to do with blood flow to the affected areas. I notice that the pump I get from these training sessions floods everything with a lot of blood (thats what the "pump" is that people get from lifting) much more than any weightlifting routine I ever tried.

Overall, I think this is a pretty addictive way to train. I still do some farmer walks and work with heavy clubs, but DVR training is becoming more important to me. The level of concentration and body awareness required almost makes the work out a meditative experience - there isnt any room left in my mind for distractions.

I look forward to seeing where this program leads me. I still have a lot of work to do to focus properly on the exercises and the muscles being used, but that will come with practice.

Thank you, John, for writing this book and making this type of training available to the general public

Share |

03-23-2010, 07:10 AM

Good work and welcome!
One thing I noticed when I started the M7 was that the muscles were hit from practically every angle. This made it so I could do activities like throwing a ball or using carpentry tools without being sore the next day. You will probably enjoy the same.

Embrace the challenge. Refuse to fail.

Share |

Legacy Member

03-24-2010, 08:00 AM

Hello Shamus23,

welcome to the forum. You will find the M7 to be a complete workoutsystem by itself. Add some DVR's ,DSR's and some iso's, and you've got the most complete all-round strength and muscle building system in the world.

Jan

Share |

Legacy Member

03-24-2010, 09:52 AM

Shamus23,

Greetings, welcome, great post. I hope you will follow up with updates and more of your personnel experiences.

GB

Share |

03-25-2010, 04:44 AM

Hi Shamus23,

Thanks for your comments. I started on the Tiger Moves 2 weeks' ago as well, so it's handy to compare notes.
I've been enjoying them, but have been unsure whether they have been having much effect. Certainly I feel during the workout that I'm working my muscles, but it's a bit strange not to have DOMS. Still, like you said, my muscles seem to feel more dense than before.

I'd be interested to compare notes again in a few weeks' time.

Cheers,

M.

Share |

03-25-2010, 08:44 AM

sure thing Mikey

Share |

03-25-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus23 View Post
level of concentration and body awareness required almost makes the work out a meditative experience - there isnt any room left in my mind for distractions.
So true shamus23 and welcome by the way, it looks like you're new here. Back in the day when I lifted weigts an important part of my work out was the loud rock music played through my headphones. The music served to excite me and allow me to lift heavier. That worked fine for weights, which for me were a mindless endeavor.

Fast forward to today, trying to do a dvr workout with loud blaring music would ruin the workout entirely. Now I don't listen to any music. About the only external sounds now are from the birds and nature outside because I'll open the windows in the room I'm working out in now that spring has sprung.

Stay with the M7, you'll reap a ton of beneftis.

Share |