Share |
The Minneapolis Looting & Burning

Author

06-04-2020, 12:50 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've been asked about the looting and burning in Minneapolis and if my business was affected.

Answer: The epicenter of the looting and burning was four blocks south of my office on Minnehaha and Lake. There was a large number of businesses that were looted and burned to the ground. Our business was broken into and we sustained a lot of damage and lost several computers and irreplaceable ART. BUT we were not burned to the ground as had the Hexagon Bar that is literally across the street from us on the corner of 27th Ave. And for what it's worth, I'm not angry.

The fact is there are many (the vast majority) businesses in our area that are boarded up and closed. Those that were burned included several restaurants owned by minority businessmen and grocery and drug stores that were essential to the people living in the area.

Bottom line: There was no rhyme or reason to any of it. It was an emotionally charged event because of what the cops did and the lack of an immediate response to Mr. Floyd's murder. At present all four cops have been charged and the one that kneeled on Mr. Floyd's neck (Derek Chauvin) has been charged with second-degree murder.

---John Peterson

P.S. Yes, I saw the video clip many times of the cops kneeling on George Floyd's neck and back and YES, there is no doubt in my mind that George Floyd was murdered by those cops. Something that blatant was bound to generate a huge backlash....and IT DID!

Share |