Share |
73 year old Russian man stays young with bodyweight exercises.

08-10-2014, 11:02 AM

These are not basic exercises. He wuld have had to work at this for decades.

I hope this has not been posted already.

Comments welcome.

Pat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWZaDDlUmyM

www.NaturopathNJ.com
Lifeline USA

Share |

Legacy Member

08-10-2014, 11:43 AM

Well,

I would be certain he has no problems making love to his wife or girlfriend at his age!

But seriously, the man is very fit and athletic for any age. It is interesting to see that despite the life time of exercise, the signs of old age are still there with the graying hair and the loss of skin elasticity. In other words, no matter what you do, you can't hold back the hands of time.

However, I would much rather age that way than to be infirmed and unable to move about like so many are these days.

Greg

Share |

08-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Amazing. I wonder what the 25 preparation exercises he mentioned are.

Share |

Banned

08-10-2014, 12:07 PM

He is still strong and flexible, an in great shape.

Share |

Author

08-10-2014, 06:21 PM

Hey Men,

The man in the video reminds of my Cossack Grandfather that died in late October of 1990 at the age of 97.
My grandfather came to America to realize the American dream. A dream he believed in with all his heart.

Grandfather was introduced to Bernarr MacFadden's Physical Culture Magazine at a logging camp in International Falls Minnesota in 1917. He was also profoundly influenced by John W Sorenberger, a "Sky Pilot" (an intinerant minister to the Lumberjacks in the Norther Minnesota Logging Camps.) that had been among the worst of men before coming to a saving grace in the Lord Jesus Christ. Sorenberger was an incredibly strong, extremely well built preacher that every man at the Logging Camps had great admiration and respect for. As a young man, Sorenberger worked in Logging camps whenever he was dodging the law which was very often. Through the years he had developed a reputation as a good fighter. It proved to be an ability that he used to his advantage all of his life. In his early years of manhood it became a source of income. First, he found it to be an advantage around the logging camps and saloons that the loggers frequented. It was not uncommon for loggers to brawl in the saloons. To the victors went the spoils, and Sornberger was always the victor. Eventually, this led to his next big adventure, professional boxing.

It had not taken long for someone to figure out that they could make money off of Sornberger’s abilities. When that happened Sornberger moved to St. Paul and boxed using the name Jack McWilliams. His abilities made thousands for himself and his promoters. He made much and spent as much. It was a lifestyle that lasted for almost eight years. During that time he won 127 bouts. He was crowned champion in two weight classes, lightweight and middleweight. It was after he killed a man and was on the run that he heard a message in a Logging Camp preached by "sky pilot" Frank Higgins in the late 1899 that he accepted Christ and never looked back and subsequently became a "Sky Pilot" himself. The man was always teaching the Lumberjacks two things, the Bible and Strength and Health based on the writings of the Apostle Paul as found in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 and Bernarr MacFadden. Grandpa said that if any man ever showed the least bit of disrespect during a service that Rev. Sorenberger would literally pick them up and throw them out and then return and continue preaching as though nothing had happened. Sorenberger taught a "muscular Christianity" that my grandfather and many of the other young Lumberjacks totally resonated with. Grandpa talked about John Sorenberger a great deal as an example of what "a man" could ultimately be.

Anyway, my grandfather trained with Mac Fadden/ Atlas's exercises his entire life and had an extraordinary physique his entire life just like the Russian man in the video clip accept that Grandpa's chest and upper back were very wide and tapered to a tiny waistline.

I can just picture my grandfather comparing notes with him.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

08-11-2014, 01:52 PM

John,
Thanks for sharing about your grandfather. For weeks I had considered asking how long and how well he lived, but was not sure if it was a sensitive subject. After reading all your books, he and Uncle Wally were living, breathing people that I had never met and I wondered how things had turned out for them.

Tim

Share |

08-11-2014, 03:19 PM

John (or anyone),

Do you recommend any dietary choices, supplements, body treatments or specific exercises that might help with the sagging of skin as we age? I am young enough now that it is not a concern but, obviously, will face it one day.

The gentleman in the video has a tremendous physique but clearly has skin that is sagging and unattractive on his torso.

Thanks.

Paul
And with our thoughts, we make our world." --Buddha

Share |

Legacy Member

08-12-2014, 05:10 PM

Paul,

I am going to chime in on this and see if John will pick it up. I am not at 73, yet, so to this is to a certain degree speculation.

First off, genetics certainly play a part. Some age quicker than others. As well, nutrition plays a part. A diet rich in vitamin E and other natural oils has a positive effect on the skin. Smoking, dehydration, and a heavy meat diet tend to age the skin.

Now, here is the speculation based on experience. I have observed over the years that people who practice deep breathing with tension through Yoga, Tai Chi, or Tan Jon Ho Hup (Korean Ki development exercise), tend to have very smooth skin, even as they age. In fact, my 18 year old daughter gets mad at me because my skin is so much smoother than hers.

Why? It is from the FMT exercises that I do. The tension contracts the muscles, while the relaxation allows oxygenated blood to get to the smallest capillaries to exchange waste products. We are all going to age, but practice of the tension/relaxation exercises tends to hold off the process.

I don't know how the gentleman in the video trains, other than he has practiced gymnastic exercise a good chunk of his life. In other words, in the realm of bodyweight training, he has always done it hardstyle or external training, whereas the practice of the Tiger Moves would be soft style or internal training.

I hope this makes sense.

Greg

Last edited by Greg Newton; 08-12-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Share |

08-12-2014, 10:22 PM

It does make sense Greg. Thanks for your input.

I hope John will add to what you've shared.

Paul
And with our thoughts, we make our world." --Buddha

Share |