Share |
Charles Atlas on tea or coffee?

Banned

01-16-2009, 02:37 PM

I can't remember if I read this or someone told me that Charles Atlas discouraged his students from drinking tea and coffee. Any thoughts on this? I am a cup a day coffee drinker, but wonder if I there would be a more healthful alternative to my morning cup of Joe. Any recommendations? I have read that green tea has more health benefits.

Share |

Legacy Member

01-16-2009, 03:06 PM

Coffee is one of those things that has gone back and forth as good for you and bad for you. Right now science has it nailed down as good for you. I drink 4 to 5 cups a day with a little cream, no sugar. I think black is the best, but all in all it's a healthy beverage.

Now, a latte on the other hand? Or a mocha? Or 4 packs of sugar per cup? That's a totally different story.

-Joe

Share |

01-16-2009, 03:33 PM

http://www.webmd.com/community/healthy-weight-8/coffee

Share |

01-16-2009, 03:52 PM

Some "experts"(Caffeine Advantage) claim that caffeine is a good drug but that coffee is not the best delivery system for the drug.
I suspect many physical culturists reflexively deny the "science" behind caffeine research & claim caffeine aint natural( whatever that means)

Share |

01-16-2009, 04:33 PM

It's obvious Atlas offers good guidelines but not gospel

Share |

01-16-2009, 04:53 PM

Well, as Atlas was with his highest quality candy, so am I with my coffee (black) and my sweet tea. Oh well ...

"And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm And ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed." Joel 2:25, 27

Share |

01-16-2009, 05:04 PM

Things change and while the exercises and general principles of the Atlas Course remain absolutely true some of the specific life style advice has changed along with society in general. In one of his earlier courses he calls white bread the "staff of death" which may have been considered an accurate description at the time,but with the advent of enriched bread that all changed.

Share |

01-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Hey guys,

I like my coffee and sweet tea. Living in the Dominican Republic we get the best coffee I believe. We have good friends in Tennessee who send us tea because it is super expensive here. The problem with both is that most people can't control it. I have got friends who drink 4-5 pots of coffee a day. I have other friends who drink sweet tea with all of their meals and to refresh themselves throughout the day. These same friends will go through extreme headaches and mood swings if they don't have their fix or the right amount of their fix. I think that it is the same thing with a lot things It is not bad to have a cup or two as long as you can control it. By the way for my fellow coffee lovers we have a coffee here that is dry cured up in the mountains. When they cure it a lot of times they will take sugar or something with sugar in it to help it cure or dry quicker. This one coffee company uses the leftover cocoa bean and it has a slightly chocolate flavor. So eat your hearts out! We really have it rough on the missionfield in some ways!

Aaron

Share |

01-16-2009, 08:51 PM

As a recovering coffee FIEND I feel if you can drink it in moderation, fine. I couldn't. Since I went caffeine free my endurance has actually gotten much better, as has my focus and sleep quality.

Superman, Superman, wish I could fly like superman
Superman, Superman, I want to be like superman

Share |

Banned

01-17-2009, 06:20 AM

Coffee has even more antioxidants than green tea and cocoa.Take a look:

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=1070814

Share |