Share |
Current workout: how to move forward?

10-02-2013, 01:55 PM

Hi All,

I am a new member but have been following the forum for a few weeks now and have been familiar with John's work for some years.

I only really started my daily workouts 7 days ago. However, I am already seeing some results but am eager for some feedback as to how to proceed.

Ultimately, I am aiming to lose weight, be able to do 100 consecutive press ups and 20 consecutive standard pull ups (from currently being unable to do one!)

My current daily regime is:

150 x standard press ups (full extension)

150 x Hindu squats

150 x dsr bicep curls

I am currently getting these volumes by 'greasing the groove' and have worked up to 15 sets of 10 for each excercise which I do throughout the day.

I sometimes do a 'mini workout' and perform a set of each excercise then rest for 30 seconds and repeat all sets again 3 to 4 times.

For cardio I walk regularly an hour a day (dogs and new baby boy!), However I also do at least one 5 minute stair run a day (run up the stairs ASAP, walk back down, repeat continuously for 5 minutes). Some days I will do this twice (it is surprisingly hard work!)

Any advice how I can advance this to reach 100 push ups or the pull ups would be very welcome.

N.B I don't have a pull up bar yet but aim to get one within the month, any tips for other excercises to do in the meantime?

Thank you all.

Jon

Share |

10-04-2013, 11:43 AM

Jon,
I encourage you to master the seven tiger moves!
This is where I start all of my students. If you gain control of the mind/body connection through FMT, the other modalities of Living Strength will be of greater benefit to you.
If you do not own THE MIRACLE SEVEN, I highly recommend that you acquire it.
Also, THE SUPER HEALTH DIET by K.C. Craichy. (.99 for the kindle version) These two books will be a one two punch toward your goals.
Peace and Power,

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Proverbs 28:13

Share |

10-06-2013, 12:06 PM

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for the advice. I did have a copy of M7 from 2008 but I have not see it for a while so will follow your advice ASAP and acquire a new one.

Just to clarify though should I continue with all or some of the calesthenics or focus purely on the M7 for say a month or two?

I will also look into the diet you reccomended.

Cheers again,

Jon

Share |

10-30-2013, 01:43 PM

Once you master the Tiger Moves, all other modalities of Living Strength Training System will provide tremendous benefits.
Try to power walk 1-3 miles a day along with the Tiger Moves.

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. Proverbs 28:13

Share |

01-14-2015, 11:57 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how do you find the rotating handles for pushups?

Share |