Share |
A Big Thank You to Free...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Author

12-26-2019, 09:04 PM

Hello Friends,

Free posted the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvscRcCcoO0

And I hope each of you will watch it carefully because it has great information.

I checked things out further and the bottom line is that what Dr. John Jaquish states is very much in line with some of the conversations that I had with Coach James Baley back in 1990. Coach Baley stated that when using weights you are basically limited to a weight that is the upper limit of the weakest point in any given range of motion UNLESS you are doing cheating exercises in which case you are setting yourself up for severe injury much as Dr. Jaquish is stating in some of the other videos.

The way Coach Baley got around the disparity in strength within any range of motion was to utilize Isometric Contraction going to your absolute maximum in at least 3-positions in any given range of motion so that you are at max at the beginning where you are at your weakest, and then to the max at the mid-range where you are stronger and finally max at just short of lockout where you are at your strongest. In each position within any given motion, you go to your absolute maximum. The point I'm making is that I fully understand what Dr. Jaquish is stating and agree with him. I just have a little different approach to accomplishing the same objective.

There is one other thing that I find appalling and that is that in some of the comments on the videos there were people making really twisted comments because they thought that Dr. Jaquish was putting down their chosen method of training. The truth is that he wasn't doing that at all but rather stating what he believed to be the safest and best way to achieve a maximum of strength in total safety. There were several that were making rude comments about steroids as well.

Here's the deal if you listen to the man's logic about how to become extremely strong with the utmost safety I don't see what there is to be arguing about. Over the years I have talked with dozens and dozens of busted up weight lifters including my friend Jack King. The big issue with weights is that you are using unrelenting gravity and it compresses the spine as nothing else does as well as overstresses one's joints. Nonetheless, everyone should train the way they want to train. There is no doubt in my mind that his method is far safer and would allow going to your maximum in total safety while alone. That's something I would not recommend that you do with the bench press, squat or deadlift with weights if you are alone. Yet you can safely go to your max with Isometrics or Dr. Jaquish's method and best of all you can be done in less than 20 minutes total.

I personally think Dr. Jaquish is very knowledgeable and has everyone's best interest at heart.

Here is another very interesting video about Dr. Jaquish's method. It's obvious to me that his method accomplishes the same thing that I am after with the Power Belt Isometrics and that is an extreme hormone stimulus. Anyway, check this out it is very enlightening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvscRcCcoO0

---John Peterson

Share |