Share |
Exer-genie Course

06-23-2014, 03:23 PM

Hi all,

A while back there was mentioned a course in development using the Exer-Genie. Is that still in the works? I recently came across one and am very interested in any further instructions that I may obtain.
Thanks.

Paul

Share |

Legacy Member

06-23-2014, 09:28 PM

Hi phoderlein,

I don't know what John has in mind as a far as an Exer-Genie course. He uses it one way. Solytrain uses it another. I use it a little different. You can tailor the device to what you want or need. My wife likes it because it is low impact and she prefers doing the isokinetic (tension one way) movements. She also likes the variety of things you can do with it.

My personal preference is to mainly use the Genie for the upper back - although it is also very good for shoulders. Some exercises I use less tension and isometric stops. Others I prefer to crank it down. It all depends on what you want out of it. So anyway, until a specific course is written - take the time to explore the device, how to use it, and what different things it can be used for. You may find certain things you like to use in context of other ways to work out.

Greg

Share |

06-24-2014, 06:26 PM

I like it for shoulder rehab and strengthening most of all! You can really STRETCH with it, and gradually work the shoulder capsule in a manner that works the whole she-bang- ligaments, tendons, and muscles- in a gentle, and progressively tougher manner to really revitalize the whole shoulder girdle!

And all you have to do is hang it on your door frame!

Oh, and for front squats, and deadlifts it is superb. Tough as you can make it- and no downside stress to the spine or elbows...

Twice a week I use it- once in the door,
And once on the floor!

Love that poem.
J

Share |

Author

06-24-2014, 06:41 PM

Hey friends,

I have no intention of doing an Exer-Genie Course because I only use it for a single Super High Intensity Repetition for any given exercise.

Personally, I think the original Exer-Genie booklet was great.

---John Peterson

Share |

06-24-2014, 06:47 PM

John,

I did some work with an exergenie last night and it reminded me of the lines from Mr. T in the Rocky movie.. "Do I hate him? No, I pity him... I predict PAIN!"

Good pain of course!

ChuckH

Share |

Legacy Member

06-25-2014, 04:51 AM

I'll second John on the original Exer-Genie Booklet. It is still available from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Efficiency-Exe...rds=Exer-Genie

Share |

06-26-2014, 03:12 PM

Thanks for all the replies.
I asked the question originally because I got an Isorobic Exerciser from a friend and it came with little else. I will definitely look into the Exergenie booklet from Amazon.

Paul

Share |

Legacy Member

06-27-2014, 07:19 AM

phoderlein,

There is a lot you can do with an Exer-Genie type device. Mostly I use it for rowing and pulldowns. Since my wife also uses it, we also do some tricep pushdowns and extensions. However, you can use it for a full workout.

There are many of exercises you can do for the legs, but front squats and deadlifts probably are the easiest to do. For shoulders there are different types of raises and presses you can do. The same with biceps. For chest there are one arm flies and alternate presses.

In setting up a routine there are several ways you can approach this device. Traditionally it has been used isometrically with you controlling the control line by running it through one of your fingers on the handle. You do the the first isometric contraction by clamping down your finger. Then by controlling the tension with finger pressure, you pull the rope. Tension comes from the device, the drag of the opposite control line on the ground and your finger controlling the pressure. Anytime you want to stop and do an isometric contraction you use your finger to stop the pull.

One rep is all you need for each exercise; although if you don't get the tension as strong as you want, you can do a second set. One thing I've done that works pretty well is to take six exercises with the Genie and then do a set of pushups between each of the Exer-Genie exercises.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Greg

Share |