Share |
Ask Yourself, "What Am I Trying To Achieve?"

Author

04-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Hey Friends,

We have had a great deal of interaction on our forum about various exercise modalities. The discussions have been great. And for the most part they have been about how to achieve the most amount of benefit in the least amount of time.

However, I want to remind each of you that in order to achieve the most benefit you need to have a "Foundational Training System" that is exactly that, YOUR FOUNDATION! In other words a daily foundation that maintains the kind of strength, fitness and physique that has become your physical identity.

For me the Foundation is the Living Strength Training System. Personally I perform 50 exercises in all each day cycling through the foundational courses for each body part of the Living Strength Training System. Out of all the exercises that I perform, the one exercise that I perform the most is costal breathing which is my only breathing method. Believe me Costal breathing will do more for your foundational strength and vitality than any other single exercise you can do. In terms of physique maintenance and total repetitions per day the exercise I do the most repetitions of is the Living Strength Push-Up and that I perform at least 300 reps daily but oftentimes up to 500 reps daily. I do this in sets between circuits of the Living Strength Chest, Shoulder, Neck. and Spine exercises.Some exercises are only done for 12 reps each so that I maintain strength and flexibility from all angles and direction and keep chest and shoulders super strong, flexible, and pain free. I personally exercise each muscle group each day from multiple angles some times just a few reps each. Aside from the Living Strength Push-Up I work my abdomen most intensely with the Living Strength series of 10 Crunch variations to keep my waistline a lithe, sculpted 29".

Bottom line: I spend up to 2 hours in total time each day on exercise and one hour is spent in short body part specific workouts throughout the day performed in just 10 minutes each.

Many of you could accomplish everything you want in just 30 minutes each day and still hit each muscle group for a few reps each and maintain strength, flexibility and youthfulness.

---John Peterson

Share |

Legacy Member

04-04-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
However, I want to remind each of you that in order to achieve the most benefit you need to have a "Foundational Training System" that is exactly that, YOUR FOUNDATION! In other words a daily foundation that maintains the kind of strength, fitness and physique that has become your physical identity.

More and more I keep coming back to the exercises of the Magnificent Seven from IPR, along with military pushups and a short series of isometrics as my foundation. I do other things, but these are the things I try to do daily.

Excellent post John. You get nothing by doing nothing. Your results depend on what you are willing to put into an endeavor. No one has to do what you do. You taylor it to individual needs, wants and desires. However, you still have to put the effort in. You can talk about this routine and that routine all day long, but it is not going to get you past wish in one hand and something that doesn't smell good in the other. It is not that hard or time consuming, but you have to do it.

Greg

Last edited by Greg Newton; 04-05-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Share |

04-05-2013, 01:32 AM

My daily foundation is Guts training along with pull ups and a front and back neck bridge.Keeps me lean and mean.

Share |

04-05-2013, 05:21 AM

Hi Guys

At the moment i am concentrating on the hindu squat, hindu pushups and the bridge, this i will continue to do until i feel it is time to move on to another form of exercise.

One thing you can all be sure of my exercises will always include some sort of pushup, no matter which one i do.

So pushups are my main source of training.

What my aim is, to be healthy and look good whilst being healthy, so i can continue to be active as i get older. There as been more than once in the last week where i see people who are younger than struggling to do everyday tasks and getting out of breath easily.

They don't train as they think they need to go to a gym, and only then can they get active.

KEITH JAMES.

Share |

Legacy Member

04-05-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith james View Post
They don't train as they think they need to go to a gym, and only then can they get active.

KEITH JAMES.
I can't tell you how many people fall into this trap.... Gee, I wish I could get to the gym, or I wish I had the time to go to the gym, wish I could afford a gym membership.. on and on...

Share |

04-05-2013, 06:36 AM

Hey guys,

I seem to be getting some good results from dips. They are not my main foundational exercise of choice, but they seem to be quite effective. I especially feel a lot of soreness in the triceps and outer pecs from doing dips.

My favorite exercise right now is the Living Strength Push Up (Atlas III). There's no exercise quite like it. I typically do 250-300 Living Strength Push Ups in sets of 25 within a 1 hour workout that also includes Atlas Sit Ups and Atlas Balance Squats. That is not every day though.

I have found that I can now drop down and do 48 Living Strength Push Ups in a row without compromising my form and still have some energy to spare.

Blessings!

Share |

04-05-2013, 01:54 PM

Keep asking yourself what you are trying to achieve and modifying your progarm with the answer. In our fast moving world your whole stiutation can change in a matter of hours. Available time to train, stress levels, finances, relationships and other factors can change rapidily and you will be more effective if you change with them

Share |

Author

04-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Hey Gordon,

Your post is right on the mark. In the late 1970's I contacted Dr. Lawrence Morehouse about his interval training program as relates to Push-Ups. He was one great guy and he told me that whenever any body talked to him about getting physically fit his first question to them was, "Fit for what?" There is great wisdom in asking ourselves this question on a periodic basis just as you have stated.

---John Peterson

Share |

04-05-2013, 04:57 PM

And with Bronze Bow there are more options available than with other systems including internal strength for any life situation or goal

Share |

04-06-2013, 07:40 AM

In my case, the "fit for what?" answer is horseback riding. We, my wife and I, enjoy trail riding in rugged country. Six hour rides are the norm and it takes a great deal of flexibility, balance, and endurance to enjoy those rides. BTW, "riding" a horse is considerably different from "sitting on" a horse! Currently, due to some thyroid imbalances and an excess of stress in my life, I am not in the ideal shape for my passionate hobby. So, I will rely on the Magnificent 7 plus John's new pushup book to get back into proper condition.

Share |