Share |
My Take On The Carnivore Diet

Author

02-06-2020, 01:59 PM

Hello Friends,

I have received a few e-mails asking me if I am interested in trying out the carnivore diet and the answer is that I personally am not. Not even remotely.

I have absolutely nothing disparaging to say about it but I assure you that the idea behind it, is not a new concept. The first time I was exposed to it was from books my Grandfather had in his physical culture library. That said, let me give you a link to a great series of articles authored by Arctic Explorer Vilhjalmur Stefansson that had appeared in 1935 in Harper's Monthly magazine.

http://www.comby.org/documents/docum...adventures.htm

The articles above cover just about everything including how one can survive without becoming a victim of scurvy on a purely 'carnivore' diet. Some of you will find it of particular interest as Stefansson discusses several other expeditions and how 'Scurvy' and other diseases had ravaged early explorers as well as armies in the not too ancient past.

Bottom line: I realize that there are those that highly espouse the carnivore diet but I personally think that any time someone embraces such an extreme that at some point, somewhere along the line, certain deficiencies will surface. It's just a matter of time. In the meantime, it's a good idea to acquaint yourself with the precepts of the various diet and nutrition plans and to judge them for yourselves.

---John Peterson

Share |